Cryminal record

anton william

Nov 26, 2010
In order to complete all aplication documents for Provisinal Residence I neded, according to my lawer, to obtain cryminal record from the States (done already)

Today, reading the first page with the migration laws the Rrovisinal Resident requirements stated that cryminal record should be pull out from the Dominican National Police.

Who is right? Did my lawer put me through unnecessary, costly head ache ?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
In order to complete all aplication documents for Provisinal Residence I neded, according to my lawer, to obtain cryminal record from the States (done already)

Today, reading the first page with the migration laws the Rrovisinal Resident requirements stated that cryminal record should be pull out from the Dominican National Police.

First, the current law as I was told was recently put into affect.
That is to get some sort of letter of good standing from the states.
I don't believe they do the Interpol check here anymore.

Second, please get spellchecker.........

B in Santiago

Reactions: mike l

anton william

Nov 26, 2010
Waytogo, thanks for the quick reply.
Never asked you to check my spelling. I asked simple question, who is right, my lawyer or the Migration Laws presented at DR1 site. Perhaps this site should be updated to avoid further confusion

Jan 17, 2009
Yes, it seems that criminal records from your country are now required. My lawyer told me exactly the same. Like you, I had read the requirements on DR1 and they seem outdated.

Reactions: Lucille

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002

As far as I know, all resident applications are channeled through the Chancellery.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
And I gave you a simple answer........

B in Santiago

ha ha ha
Hey,
he got His crYminal Record from the States,
so He doesn't need any Spellschec,
is americano Bro.

and the Interpol Check is done on every Application for the Temporarily Residency, there is a fix contingent of Staff doing such work before Your Applications get Approved or Immigrations knocks your Door to bring You on a Flight back Home to the Ones who have ya on their list of "Wanted", lol.

Happy Hollies to Santiago

Mike

Jullien

Dec 11, 2010
You own a very interesting information covering lots of knowledge. I am interested as well.
Thanks for making informative information.

Reactions: Lucille