shopping malls

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
i've been to mega centro and plaza lama.which i like alot,but what other shopping malls or centers are in santo domingo? which ones would you consider the best? how do you like la pulga on sundays? i have'nt been there yet.it would be nice to get some feedback.i'm only going to be here for the weekend.got to get alot of shopping done for the family this sat. and sun.
thanks,
zach

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
It depends on what ur looking for and especially your budget, Blue Mall is the best one (Cartier, Vuitton, Ferragamo..etc), for less "expensive" shopping u could visit Acropolis wich is stil exclusive but the brands are more affordable (Zara, Mango, etc) than Blue...there's a lot to choose from, Plaza Naco, Bella Vista Mall, Diamond...like i said, it all depends on your budget, likes, etc..enjoy

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
i've been to mega centro and plaza lama.which i like alot,but what other shopping malls or centers are in santo domingo?.....................

I copied this from another thread.
Click on the names, use google translator if you don't understand Spanish (although some of the websites might offer an inbuilt translator):

Blue Mall Santo Domingo

Acr?polis (I put this here to make you aware of its existence, but the website is being remodeled. It is one of the swankiest malls in the whole country, only recently surpassed by Blue Mall)

Megacentro(Largest mall in the DR, second largest in the Caribbean, and the most visited mall as well)

Bella Vista Mall

Diamond Mall

Menu.com.do

Restaurantes.com.do

Discotecas - Santo Domingo

For everything else: DR1 Guide - Santo Domingo

Have fun!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The nearest is Diamond Mall which is practically next door. Not on the list but right by Ikea is Americana, a department store.

The Blue Mall or Acropolis are about 10-20 minutes by car, depending on traffic.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
My husband once drove us to MegaCentro from Las Americas and it was pretty crazy... Do you think it would be easier or harder to drive to IKEA?
Thanks for your advice!