Visitor visa for minor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NenaDelFlow

Feb 3, 2010
Hello everyone!
I need the visa experts advice on this...
I would like to know about getting a visitor visa for my 3years old goddaughter to come visit me in Canada during the summer.
I would go get here over there in DR if that matters...
Also, she was born in the DR to Haitian parents and I believe she can only get a Haitian passport, but her parents tell me otherwise?

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Hi Nena,

Here is the link to the CIC website...specifically everything you need for a visitor visa.

Visiting Canada

It says that if the applicant is under 18, the form must be signed by a parent or guardian.

Obviously a 3 year old wont have ties to their country, money in the bank etc....so it would take more proof on your side that you will cover all expenses while they are here.

I don't know how the passport works.
You may want to ask that question in the Legal section to get a better response.

Good Luck!

NenaDelFlow

Feb 3, 2010

Thank you sangria!
I've been looking at the CIC website for years now...
Im really trying to see if anyone has experience with this, but it doesn't seem so.
I will try and see I guess!

SBT

Jan 5, 2010
We applied for and were granted a visitor visa for our family friend - who is 16 (not 3, but still a minor)
We provided a legalized letter from his parents, allowing him to spend the summer with us, and a copy of his school records showing he was registered in a private colegio for the upcoming school year.
We also provided proof that we would be able to support him during his stay, as well as proof of our "close family relationship" eg: photos, communication ect....
It was pretty straight forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.