Albachiara Hotel or Playa Colibri

rwing93

Jan 14, 2011
I have heard many good things about Playa Colibri. What about the Albachiara Hotel? Has anyone out there stayed here? How would you rate it compared to Playa Colibri? Which is closer to town? I am heading over to Las Terrenas for a few days from Cabarete. I'm trying to decide on which place to stay. What do you guys think?

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
The Albachiara is too noisy. There is a bar right next to it and there is a large roudy crowd that gathers right in front of it drinking during weekends. The music is unbearable. But then again, you might like that.

The Colibri has a nice beach right in front but I've heard that it has gone down y quality and it is quite a distance from town and restaurants.

My preference is the Alisei Hotel. Great accomodations, very clean, security and a nice restaurant right on the premises. The hotel rates include breakfast buffet.

It is within a short walking distance to some of the best restaurants and town.

The beach right in front of it is not the greatest but just walk a short distance and you will have some of the greatest beaches in the area. They also have a fabulous pool.

Juniper

Slick James

Mar 11, 2010
I haven't been to the first spot you mentioned....but I've been to Colibri twice in the past three months, and it's close to perfect as far as I'm concerned. Suites are huge and in great shape, the beach is right there, there's nobody f"$$in with you....as Juniper said it's a bit remote and this can be a pain in the ass, but everything you need is a 50 peso concho ride away. (Or you can pay 100 for deliveries)

rwing93

Jan 14, 2011
Albachiara or Playa Colibri

Thanks for the info. I was leaning toward the Albachiara until you told me about the bar and noise next door. The Alisei would be a possibility, but there rates are a little too high. Looks like it's the Playa Colibri.