Hotels/Hostels in Santo Domingo

vinceslammer24

Feb 10, 2011
I've been doing some research into Hostels and Hotels in Santo Domingo and am looking for some advice. After reading the DR1 guide to Santo Domingo, I have been contacting Hostels in the Colonial Region. Any suggestions? I have looked into Aparta Hotel Roma, Hostel Nomada and Condo Parque but am open to all suggestions, and would love to hear the opinions of those familiar with them. I will be in a group of three, interested in going out, and being in the hustle and bustle of the city not looking for a resort or off the path location.

edluv1

May 25, 2010
I stayed at Hostal La Colonia on Calle Isabel La Cat?lica...just around the corner from Hard Rock Cafe Santo Domingo. Rates are $50/night. Tell the manager you are a past guest and you'll get it to down to $45 or $40. The rooms are comfortable, queen size bed, air conditioning, refrigerator, private bath, cable TV, wifi in the balcony area some rooms have wired internet, 24 hour service desk, security. Some things that I didn't like, It's a 5 floor hotel with no elevator, no phone in the room, The rooms on the first floor cost more money probably $10 more

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
try to cut a deal

i saw your other thread about staying in DR for about 3 weeks. I recommend try out a couple of hostels for a night or 2 each then talk to the owners tell them that you will stay at their place for a additoinal 2 weeks if they cut you a deal.

There are also a bunch of aparta/hotels on calle danae(cross street is independencia) in gazcue, which is walking distance to the zona colonial. I have been staying at another hotel in gazcue on my trips but my next trip in march i plan to stay 10-15days and he hasnt offered to cut me a deal so i intend on exploring the hotels on calle danae next trip.