Santiago to Sosua round trip, Metro vs. Caribe Tours

Jetblue Flight 811

Oct 17, 2010
I will be flying to Santiago airport STI but i will be staying in Sosua. How long is the cab ride from STI to the bus station? How much is the cab ride? Also where will Caribe or Metro drop me off in sosua?

As far as the return to Santiago airport from Sosua where would i catch either bus? I have an 8:35pm flight leaving Santiago to NY so what would the best time to catch the bus, seeing as i would also need a cab from the bus station to STI airport.

Thanks in advance.
Jetblue

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
Ride from STI to bus station(s) 15-20 min. You can negotiate for 600 pesos ($16) or less- YMMV (depending on your appearance and Spanish speaking/negotiating ability).

Both, Caribe Tours and Metro Tour bus terminals are relatively close to each other in Santiago.

The Metro bus is a little more, a little nicer, and in will leave you Calle Dr. Rosen, El Batey Sosua - about a couple of blocks from the "tourist spots". Also a little faster and only makes one stop in Puerto Plata.
Metro Servicios Turisticos

Caribe Tours (about $4.50) leaves you at the outskirts of Sosua in a neighborhood called "Los Charamicos" a taxi or mototaxi is only about ten minutes or less to the "tourist spots"
Caribe Tours | VIAJES

Above is assuming you are going to "tourist spots".

Which one you take depends on convenience, your schedule, etc...

Jetblue Flight 811

Oct 17, 2010
thanks one other question

thanks alot. I have heard that from STI to SOS the Metro bus will drop you off at the Texaco gas station, but leaving SOSUA to go to STI where can i catch the bus to santiago?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
thanks alot. I have heard that from STI to SOS the Metro bus will drop you off at the Texaco gas station, but leaving SOSUA to go to STI where can i catch the bus to santiago?

At the Texaco station "terminal" in Sosua or at the terminal in Puerto Plata.

Caribe Tours has more buses to and from Santiago than does Metro. The Caribe Tours bus station for Sosua is in Charamicos.