Is there a bus strike in Santo Domingo?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
FWIW, there were many areas of burning tires in Barahona, Cabral, Duvergne, Jimini, Neiba, Azua and Bani last week...

shawn27

May 24, 2010
FWIW, there were many areas of burning tires in Barahona, Cabral, Duvergne, Jimini, Neiba, Azua and Bani last week...

Sounds like Haiti. Seems like Dominicans are very angry right now.. I remember being there in December and seeing everyone in yellow for the 4% education. Now the buses.. I'll be in Santo Domingo this weekend for Carnaval, hope everyone is satisfied by then!

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
No one is ever satisfied, so we'll see when the next strike occurs.

Never did quite figure out what this one was about.

Where were the tires burned in Bani? I totally missed it.

shawn27

May 24, 2010
FYI Carnaval in Santo Domingo is the first Sunday in March.

Well that's the culmination, I can't go then but I was told that in February every sunday there was a carnaval at la vega. I'm going to that one Feb 20...

shawn27

May 24, 2010
No one is ever satisfied, so we'll see when the next strike occurs.

Never did quite figure out what this one was about.

Where were the tires burned in Bani? I totally missed it.

This one was about the buses and transportation there...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Well that's the culmination, I can't go then but I was told that in February every sunday there was a carnaval at la vega. I'm going to that one Feb 20...
OK, now that is different because you mentioned Carnaval in Santo Domingo. In La Vega there is Carnaval every Sunday in February.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
There are processions every Sunday in Santo Domingo too.
Where? I know some changes were made this year but I didn't think it was a Carnaval parade every Sunday.

DR1 News:

Carnival time
February is carnival time in the Dominican Republic. Check out the Sunday afternoon carnival parades in La Vega, Santiago and Bonao, which promise appearances by all the traditional carnival characters plus live band performances. Carnival's success has motivated the Santo Domingo East city government to celebrate its own carnival processions starting on Sunday, 6 February with a parade along Avenida Venezuela, followed by another on 13 February at Invivienda, and ending with a three-band bash on Avenida Espana on 20 February.
Santo Domingo's (National District) big parade, with carnival-winning groups from all around the country is set for 6 March on the Malecon.

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Usually along the Malecon but maybe that's what changed. Yesterday they were on Jimenez Moya (south of Churchill) and there are also processions in the Oriental Zone - Ave Venezuela - apparently.