travel between Jarabacoa & La Romana

Teresa64151

Mar 10, 2011
Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to travel between Jarabacoa and La Romana? From what I understand, the bus is the cheapest route but I think it only goes between Santo Domingo & Jarabacoa, and Santo Domingo & La Romana (no direct bus from Jarabacoa to La Romana). I know the bus stops running in the early evening, so if I caught the early bus from Jarabacoa
to Santo Domingo, would I still have time to catch the next bus from Santo Domingo to La Romana without having to stay overnight in Santo Domingo? Which bus company does this route? Unfortunately I will be dragging my luggage with me.

I am arriving in Santo Domingo on a late Saturday night and wanted to head to Jarabacoa the following day and spend Sunday night. Monday morning I wanted to head directly to La Romana and spend the rest of my 3 days before returning to Santo Domingo to fly home. My itinerary is flexible at this point, but I definitely want to go to both cities. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
You should be able to do it easily.. Jarabacoa to SD is only 2.5 hours or so.. then SD to La Romana a bit longer

It is a bit tricky since you will have to change buses

check the Caribe Tours website for departure and arrivals..

then find one which hooks up with the Bavaro one
Express Transportation: Punta Cana – Santo Domingo : Punta Cana Bavaro

there are cabs at the Caribe station.. should cost no more than 180 pesos.. no worries