Bellevue Hotel Boca Chica

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
Hi I booked the Bellevue Hotel in Boca Chica and I am wondering if I should cancel it. I want to go somewhere close to the capital that is all inclusive bc a few of my friends are coming from the States for the weekend. I am not expecting 5 star quality by any means, but I am wondering if it will be bearable. I have been reading so many awful reviews about the hotel, and I have to cancel by tomorrow in order to receive a full refund, so I wanted to see if anyone has stayed there or knows anyone that has. I also wanted to know what is the best way to get to Boca Chica from Santo Domingo. I have used the public buses before but theyre a little complicated, are taxis really expensive and if so how much do they usually charge to go from Santo Domingo to Boca Chica, and besides these two options, are there any other options?

Thanks.

pweidlich

Dec 13, 2010
I'm afraid you're screwed as far as transportation is concerned, and yes, taxis are expensive. Maybe your best bet would be to get a taxi at the airport, make friends with one taxi guy and deal only with him.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hi I booked the Bellevue Hotel in Boca Chica and I am wondering if I should cancel it. I want to go somewhere close to the capital that is all inclusive bc a few of my friends are coming from the States for the weekend. I am not expecting 5 star quality by any means, but I am wondering if it will be bearable. I have been reading so many awful reviews about the hotel, and I have to cancel by tomorrow in order to receive a full refund, so I wanted to see if anyone has stayed there or knows anyone that has. I also wanted to know what is the best way to get to Boca Chica from Santo Domingo. I have used the public buses before but theyre a little complicated, are taxis really expensive and if so how much do they usually charge to go from Santo Domingo to Boca Chica, and besides these two options, are there any other options?

Thanks.
Taxis from Airport to BC 25$US
From Airport to SD 35/40 US$ depending where in the city.
If you're going to party in BC, Duarte rocks. Never seen it so great. Spent an evening there with my wife and had a great time.

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
So what about the hotel.

Thanks for the info, but my main concern is the hotel???? Should I stay there or not, the reviews are horrible. lol

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hi I booked the Bellevue Hotel in Boca Chica and I am wondering if I should cancel it...........
I can't help much as I have never stayed their either but the name was confusing. Most likely you did not get a lot of replies as most people probably didn't recognize the name. I think most people refer to this hotel as "Hotel Dominican Bay".

Have you looked at Be Live Hamaca Hotel AI?

Hotel Be Live Hamaca – Boca Chica – Be Live Hamaca Specials

I think the Hamaca is a much better choice.

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
I think you've answered your own question. If the reviews are horrible, do you really want to stay there?

Well it depends, because the some of the reviews are not so accurate, people tend to write reviews more so when their trip was bad, but that may just be a small percentage of the people that frequent the resort, not many people write reviews when the resort is good in comparison to when it's not.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
I stayed there on my first trip to D.R. many years and several owners ago. The room we were given was crappy! Overlooking the diesel generator that ran 24 hrs a day. No running water. We complained and were given an excellent room with terrace overlooking one of the pools. The hotel is a couple blocks from the beach and a couple blocks from the night life area on Calle Duarte. They do have a private area on the beach next to the main parking lot for the beach. I would say that if you were given an exceptionally good deal on your room you should take your chances and give it a try. If you don't like what they give you, complain long and loud 'till you get what you want. If you're paying more than 40 or 50 $US a night you would do well to investigate alternatives.

Gemcee

Dec 30, 2009
just came back from BC. Hamaca is awful..Don Juan or Dominican Bay are better if you wanna stay at an AI. We stayed at Hotel Mangos..$50 a night, not an AI but Duarte has great restaurants and food is dirt cheap..Mangos has kitchenettes too.