Hotel Danae in Gazcue?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Not familiar with Hotel Danae, only a couple of reviews on the net and photos don't give much away. Anyone know it, would you house a relative there for a month?
Secure?
Well lit?
Friendly?
Knocking shop?

Any info much appreciated.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Been there once... It was ok... No complain... secure, well lit, friendly... Don't understand what you mean by "knocking shop"...
I only stayed a night, 2 years ago...

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Been there once... It was ok... No complain... secure, well lit, friendly... Don't understand what you mean by "knocking shop"...
I only stayed a night, 2 years ago...

Knocking shop?
Not catered to skanky old men bringing whores back, a cheap place to tickle your fancy etc.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
No I would not put a relative in Danae. It is a wooden building, as I remember and had the sense that it was just not quite clean.. rooms are just rooms..

for a month, I would look into a studio apartment at Hostal YU which is about three blocks away. You can negotiate with the owner, who is a charming Dominican woman. She redid the place into little apartments. Almost all of them have kitchenettes.. try for $600 US a month with the electric bill added on.. They have a lovely little patio, serve breakfast and lunch if you ask them. My vote for the nicest little place in Gazcue.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Hmm I had a feeling it might be a little dirty, seems to get mentioned a lot and that isn't always a good thing for those not wanting any unwanted nasties in the bed.
Is this Hostal place respectable enough, not a knocking shop is it?

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
No I would not put a relative in Danae. It is a wooden building, as I remember and had the sense that it was just not quite clean.. rooms are just rooms..
No, Danae is not a wooden building... There must be a misunderstanding here... And it was clean... Check your facts...

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Hmm I had a feeling it might be a little dirty, seems to get mentioned a lot and that isn't always a good thing for those not wanting any unwanted nasties in the bed.
Is this Hostal place respectable enough, not a knocking shop is it?
I only stayed one night, but haven't noticed any "trabajadoras sexuales"...

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Hmm, a little confusion. I'm sure I've driven past it plenty as the name is ringing visual bells, but I can't quite place it. I'm in Europe at the moment and so can't check it out and intend to fly the visitor back with me.
RD18,000 per 30 days is good if it has kitchenette and private bathroom etc. I just really would prefer not to give the first impressions of the sleazy side of life, so want to avoid the filth.

Anyway, ideas welcome, cheers!!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
No, Danae is not a wooden building... There must be a misunderstanding here... And it was clean... Check your facts...

perhaps the building was not wood.. but the room was..or that was the impression.. I booked a friend in there albeit 5 years ago,, they assured me that they would be open for a late arrival .. about 11 pm.. but they were not so she had to go elsewhere. I understand that there has been a change of management./

anyway.. there is no kitchen available so for a one month stay I think that Hostal Yu would be better.

Hostal is run by a strict Dominicana .. who prides herself on creating a family atmosphere...

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
There is a small hotel on the end of Calle Danae called Villa Gazcue on Calle Santiago in front of a colmado. It is owned by a Dominican Couple. Very nice people. I would say it has more of a family atmosfaere.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If we are talking about Hotel La Danae on Calle Danae, I always stay there when in Santo Domingo. Street is quiet and as secure as any in Santo Domingo.

Staff is friendly, rooms are basic but comfortable with a TV and small refrig in each one. There is a kitchen where you can make coffee, etc. AC in all rooms.

Building is most certainly not wood and the interior of the rooms don't look like wood, either.

There is one computer in the small lobby for guest use and a cyber cafe is very close. Walk to Independencia, turn left, and the cyber cafe is about the 3 store you will come to.

Tel 809-238-5609

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
If we are talking about Hotel La Danae on Calle Danae, I always stay there when in Santo Domingo. Street is quiet and as secure as any in Santo Domingo.

Staff is friendly, rooms are basic but comfortable with a TV and small refrig in each one. There is a kitchen where you can make coffee, etc. AC in all rooms.

Building is most certainly not wood and the interior of the rooms don't look like wood, either.

There is one computer in the small lobby for guest use and a cyber cafe is very close. Walk to Independencia, turn left, and the cyber cafe is about the 3 store you will come to.

Tel 809-238-5609

ok.. clearly I had on my "this must be wood" glasses... My impression was perhaps skewed since I was angry having booked and paid for the hotel for my friend so that she would have a safe place to stay,, and then having her have to drive around SD at night with no room... anyway,,, my vote is still that for a month, the rooms in Hostal Yu are bigger and cleaner and have kitchens... more an apart hotel.. it is a few blocks further from the heart of things.. but only a few blocks