Youth baseball info needed

Charlie91

Mar 12, 2011
We are considering a job opportunity in DR. We have two young sons, 8 and 10. We'd like to know if there is an organized youth baseball league in the Santo Domingo area. They play competitive baseball in the US. What other activities do kids participate outside of school?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is baseball all the time all year long. Not one of your worries, believe me. Choosing the right place might be more of an issue. Some are quite advanced...all are competitive..

HB

Charlie91

Mar 12, 2011
Thanks for the reply HB. Our boys love baseball and we thought it would be a good way for them to meet friends. We have read that baseball is "big" in DR, but didn't see anything in the way of youth baseball....just academies for 16+ year olds. Do you have an idea of local kids accepting American kids? Thanks again for your reply.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
If your boys play ball they will fit straight in, by all counts probably be extra popular as they are from US. That I can't see being a problem at all, anywhere.
Basketball is quite popular around the capital also, but it really is ball 24/7 as the main event. Many kids play musical instruments, so I can only presume school bands are a big thing as well.