applying for visitor visa Canada

lauramendoza

Jan 25, 2009
I am Canadian living in Canada. My husband is Dominican living in Dominican Republic. I am 4 months pregnant. I want my husband to come up here for the birth of our child. How difficult is it to get a visitor visa to come up here? Will they let him come up here. He has a valid passport, a bank account and a job down there, our marriage certificate and birth certificate. He is going to go back to RD and I am going with him.
I keep reading horror stories about the approval rate for visitor visas from rd. does anyone have any information??

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I am Canadian living in Canada. My husband is Dominican living in Dominican Republic. I am 4 months pregnant. I want my husband to come up here for the birth of our child. How difficult is it to get a visitor visa to come up here? Will they let him come up here. He has a valid passport, a bank account and a job down there, our marriage certificate and birth certificate. He is going to go back to RD and I am going with him.
I keep reading horror stories about the approval rate for visitor visas from rd. does anyone have any information??

Have you applied for PR status for him already?

If you apply for a TRV and haven't applied for PR they may ask why. I would explain that you are planning on returning together to live in the Dom Rep to support his guaranteed return.

TRV's are easier to get than before but still difficult. People who apply to come for some kind of special event seem to be getting approved more than ever before so you definitely have a chance.

Good Luck!
Sangria