AIR show?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Did anyone just hear that noise over SD? Sounded like .. well... a jet plane going into my window.. the biggest plane sound I had ever heard.. which set all the cars in the adjacent lots into a howl and frightened my dog.

Is this what I have to look forward to this weekend with the airshow?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I hear it's being held to celebrate the high fuel prices, or something...:ermm:

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
All my friends in the DR in my Facebook are freaking out about the noise the F-14 is making (in a good way, they are excited, pumped). Several pictures are being uploaded of them as we speak as well. I like this, about time my countrymen get to see real planes up there for a change (although I don't know if you can call an outdated F-14 a "real" plane lol, specially when you have F-22 at Nellis ;) )

Last edited:

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
Isn't it exciting to know your adopted country is kind enough to make these types of displays?

I imagine many family's and enthusiasts will be excited to share in the joy of watching these massive machines soar :D

I'm sure many are glad to be able to have this pre-planned event right in the city where they can enjoy it locally without hassle.

What a great place to live!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
They just uploaded this video to their Facebook wall, listen to their expressions and opinions, me like it!

<iframe title="Twitvid video player" class="twitvid-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="360" src="http://www.twitvid.com/embed.php?guid=ZIKRP&autoplay=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Reactions: rice&beans

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I can sympathize with Annie - each summer there is a massive air show in Atlantic City, usually on a Wednesday. Beginning Monday morning the practicing starts, and they fly right over my warehouse [which is 2 blocks from the Boardwalk]. I swear that the bricks shake, it's VERY loud, and VERY awesome to watch. Everyone runs out into the street - residents, business owners, etc., even cars pull over to see and hear.

It's quite impressive.

A couple of years ago our son took his godson down to the beach on the day of the show, and they were back within a half-hour because the 4 yr old was terrified from the noise.

AE

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
As someone who grew up in a war zone that's not quite the first word that comes to mind :)
I guess it depends on whether the "sound" comes from the good guys or bad guys...

Those jets do a lot more good than harm.

:)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Luckily all the planes I heard breaking the sound barrier during my childhood were "the good guys" otherwise I would not be here typing. Nonetheless, the few times I've heard that sound since then the feeling it evokes is still the same old terror of being bombed to buggery.

sush

Mar 9, 2011
there is an air show going on this weekend in malecon of santo domingo to celebrate the 100 years of aviation saturday and sunday... maybe they just practicing :)

May 5, 2007
All my friends in the DR in my Facebook are freaking out about the noise the F-14 is making (in a good way, they are excited, pumped). Several pictures are being uploaded of them as we speak as well. I like this, about time my countrymen get to see real planes up there for a change (although I don't know if you can call an outdated F-14 a "real" plane lol, specially when you have F-22 at Nellis ;) )

If you are seeing F 14 Tomcats they don't belong to the USN and since Iran's don't fly, they must be "ghosts?"

May 5, 2007
Show A?reo del Caribe 2011

ok it is supposed to be this...

guess that was just an F16 praciticing

reminding folks that it might be a good weekend to get out of Gazcue

Hi Annie:

don't know anything about that airshow and whats flying, but the F 16 "Viper" is one of the quieter US fighters. I also don't know if Dominican authorities allow trans or supersonic flight over land, but if you start getting "buzzed" by F 15 Eagles (same engine as F 16 except TWO of them) and or anything lights it's "burner, the F 16 you heard before will sound like some kind of "stealth" jet in comparison, the 15 on burners will set off every alarm and literally make your insides rumble

May 5, 2007
Show A?reo del Caribe 2011

ok it is supposed to be this...

guess that was just an F16 praciticing

reminding folks that it might be a good weekend to get out of Gazcue

Annie

Best I can find out from Internet is that you are seeing the twin seat F 15 "Strike Eagle" demonstration team's F 15-E Eagle, the "hottest" and most capable Air superiority/Attack jet in the United states Military this side of the F 22 Raptor