High end laptop in SD

miozio

May 23, 2009
Anywhere i can find this one in Santo Domingo from Asus Republic of games?
With parameters not less than below.
ASUS G73Jw-ROG 17.3
16GB (4x4GB) RAM
1008GB Hybrid Storage System
nVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 1.5GB GPU
Checked Omega Tech online and they have outdated pathetic machines. Is it just that the site was last moderated a few years ago?
Thanks everyone

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
ASUS G73Jw-ROG 17.3
16GB (4x4GB) RAM
Checked Omega Tech online and they have outdated pathetic machines. Is it just that the site was last moderated a few years ago?
Thanks everyone

You have to go there, they have state of the art stuff, at fairly reasonable prices! He might have to order you a gaming machine with 16GB RAM.

Owner's name is Alvin, you can tell him you know Robert.

miozio

May 23, 2009
Thanks Tambo for your quick reply. I presume Alvin is at
John F. Kennedy No.85 km. 8 1/2
Los Prados, Sto. Dgo.
Tel?fono: 809 683 4343
I hope Robert doesn't mind if i use his name in this )))

Reactions: Tamborista

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Thanks Tambo for your quick reply. I presume Alvin is at
John F. Kennedy No.85 km. 8 1/2
Los Prados, Sto. Dgo.
Tel?fono: 809 683 4343
I hope Robert doesn't mind if i use his name in this )))

That looks correct, perhaps el Jefe can confirm that is still a good addy, I have not gone there in a while, he helped me out of a laptop emergency once.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
ASUS G73Jw-ROG 17.3
16GB (4x4GB) RAM
Thanks everyone

Forget their site, you have to go there. They hold a large inventory of laptops. They also own the HP Store in Acropolis.

As Tambo suggested, tell Alvin you came via DR1. That way you stand a better chance of getting a deal :)

miozio

May 23, 2009
Forget their site, you have to go there. They hold a large inventory of laptops. They also own the HP Store in Acropolis.

As Tambo suggested, tell Alvin you came via DR1. That way you stand a better chance of getting a deal :)
Thanks Robert
I will do that first thing tomorrow. I just realized my HP laptop is so outdated for my new AVCHD video editing. I need to multiply my tech parameters to reach the skies as Sony compressed video files apparently feed on alien technology.

miozio

May 23, 2009
Just an update. It's good i called them before driving across country. It turned out they had the most powerful laptop that is similar to my 3 year old HP. It's been 3 days since i never heard from them and decided to go ahead and order online from the states.

Products under HS 8471 (Computers and Peripherals) are exempted from import duties and sales tax (ITBIS). When these products are imported into the country they are only subject to a 4.75% Exchange Surcharge which is paid at Customs. The Exchange Surcharge is applied to the total C.I.F value of the merchandise.

Feb 7, 2007
Where did you get that info? It is not correct. You do not pay customs duty but you do pay ITBIS, and it's not a sales tax but a VAT (there is a substantial difference between the two). If you look closely at the DGA website, under ITBIS it says "S" which is "SI" which is "yes".

Reactions: miozio

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
As Rubio posted, you will pay 16% ITBIS. Ask any computer importer here, they will tell you the same.

miozio

May 23, 2009
Yes, right Rubio. I was just surfing the net and bumped on these figures as i couldn't figure out DGA site with my poor Spanish. Thanks for the correction as this thread will not confuse anyone because of me... 16% ITBIS it is + ES!!

miozio

May 23, 2009
After almost two years here i am still vacationing ))) I never took this country seriously, just enjoying it without any paperwork or numbers...