Propane Delivery to residences?

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
I was thinking about this over the weekend. Is there any propane delivery service by something like tanker trucks to individual residences? Like they used to have in North America where they delivered furnace oil right to individual homes? I have a 75 gallon propane tank, which needless to say, is incredibly heavy and awkward to carry to get refilled and delivery to the residence would alleviate this hassle. If they don't have it, it would be a profitable business idea if one can get around the trucker's union.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there are many. they deliver gas tanks (just like with water bottles, they will change empty for full).
where are you located?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You don't say where you are in DR. In SD they used to come and exchange your empty tank with a full tank. They stopped that now, one of my husband's brothers has a pick-up truck and he takes his and my mother-in-law's big tanks to be refilled, what a hassle. We switched to a smaller tank at our house, one that fits in the trunk, or we send a motoconcho guy to refill it for us.

AE

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Are these people from a company or just doing it on the side? I would love to get in touch with at least one to find out what their delivery charges are. Do you have to bring the tank to the curb or do they roll in a new one and take out the old one?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Go to a propane refill station and ask. My station has a sign/number posted on the wall for home delivery.... so, yes it can be done.
I drag the 20 gallon tanks and hate it

WW

mambodog

Feb 29, 2008
Juan Andres in Sosua Abajo provides "servicio de gas a domicilio". I don't know whether he would go as far as Cabarete or what is the largest size of tank he will take to refill. Tel 809 571 1224 or 829 678 8461

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Credigas

I was thinking about this over the weekend. Is there any propane delivery service by something like tanker trucks to individual residences? Like they used to have in North America where they delivered furnace oil right to individual homes? I have a 75 gallon propane tank, which needless to say, is incredibly heavy and awkward to carry to get refilled and delivery to the residence would alleviate this hassle. If they don't have it, it would be a profitable business idea if one can get around the trucker's union.

You can set up an account with a reputable company like "CrediGas" and they will (a) check your installation for safety and (b)supply you with gas on a regular basis or whenever you call. They charge your credit or debit card automatically. They are much more reliable and economic that the neighbourhood gas guys who take your cylinder and "fill" it either at a LPG filling station or elsewhere, and charge you a hefty "commission" for the service. You have to watch some of those guys closely, because they have a habit of switching your new or good condition cylinder for some piece of junk, and they have been known to half fill your cylinder with water and then top it up with gas, whilst charging you for a full load of gas plus their commission!!

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Thank you all so much! I am glad there are alternatives particularly as I will staying for 5 or nearly 6 months each year and the tank weighs more than I do!

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Well I have do not know about the water in the propane tank scam, but I do know about the follwoing:

The gofors, your guys on the moto or pickup, they will take your tank, 100 gallon tank will only fill with 80 - 85 lbs, or less depending if they are a continueing scam or a one time deal, the regulars will only short you a gaollon or two each time the one on, may short you 1/2 the tank, if you are woman or a small guy, or older coot, well they will take even more advantage. At 98.9 pesos a gallon, it is know very lucrative business.

All this come from a propone delivery guy I know, I have always filled my own, even then I know thge guy at the station ripped me off when he said he could fill a 6 gallon tank with 7 !

We use the colmado delivery service here for the beers and brugals etc., occesionally the misses wants pica pollo, of course, so she asks the delivery boy from the colmado, to stop by the pica pollo and bring dos servicios de 5 pedazos, right, this 10 pieces feed all five of us no problem, but trick motoconcho, asks pico pollo guy to pica el pollo, he bought 3 piece pica pollo chopped up in pieces and sold to the misses as 5 pieces, whoi could tell, right, well....

They will take your shirt, underware and socks if you are not careful.

g'luck

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Well I have do not know about the water in the propane tank scam, but I do know about the follwoing:

The gofors, your guys on the moto or pickup, they will take your tank, 100 gallon tank will only fill with 80 - 85 lbs, or less depending if they are a continueing scam or a one time deal, the regulars will only short you a gaollon or two each time the one on, may short you 1/2 the tank, if you are woman or a small guy, or older coot, well they will take even more advantage. At 98.9 pesos a gallon, it is know very lucrative business.

All this come from a propone delivery guy I know, I have always filled my own, even then I know thge guy at the station ripped me off when he said he could fill a 6 gallon tank with 7 !

We use the colmado delivery service here for the beers and brugals etc., occesionally the misses wants pica pollo, of course, so she asks the delivery boy from the colmado, to stop by the pica pollo and bring dos servicios de 5 pedazos, right, this 10 pieces feed all five of us no problem, but trick motoconcho, asks pico pollo guy to pica el pollo, he bought 3 piece pica pollo chopped up in pieces and sold to the misses as 5 pieces, whoi could tell, right, well....

They will take your shirt, underware and socks if you are not careful.

g'luck

Thank you for your info. Doesn't sound like anyone can be comfortable with these arrangements for fear of being ripped off all the time! What a country!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Everybody has a "Scam" here!
If they worked as hard at honest labor,as they do "Ripping you off" they would be better off in the long run!
But they just CAN'T do it!
The "Goose That Laid The Golden Egg",would be killed on day one by a Dominican! They couldn't wait to get to all those eggs!