Getting from Santiago to Cabrera

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
Google maps shows a few ways to get there, the issue is, the first set of directions shows some roads that don't even exist, you can clearly see it on the map, the roads are not there, If I were to follow those directions, I'd be driving through farms and rivers. Can someone tell me how to get from Santiago to Cabrera, or look at the Google maps directions and tell me if they're correct.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There is a thread on this..... HillBilly did a route.....Santiago to Mocha to Tamboril and then up the hill and down to Rte #5... turn right to cabrera.
Should be a 2hr trip.

WW

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think I probably said"Santiago-Tamboril-San Victor-Jamao-Gran Cruce-to the right-Gaspar Hernandez-Rio San Juan-Cabrera"

IT IS REALLY simple...well marked, not a whole lot of traffic. Just enjoy the scenery, it is awesome!! Stop at Cafeto for lunch or brunch or whatever!

Then stop in Rio San Juan for some noshing of seafood (whatever--it is good)..

Folks here can tell you where to stop...

Enjoy the ride, it is a special one, for sure.

HB

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
I think I probably said"Santiago-Tamboril-San Victor-Jamao-Gran Cruce-to the right-Gaspar Hernandez-Rio San Juan-Cabrera"

IT IS REALLY simple...well marked, not a whole lot of traffic. Just enjoy the scenery, it is awesome!! Stop at Cafeto for lunch or brunch or whatever!

Then stop in Rio San Juan for some noshing of seafood (whatever--it is good)..

Folks here can tell you where to stop...

Enjoy the ride, it is a special one, for sure.

HB

Ok, I'm following this till Jamao al Norte, after that, Google map won't go anymore. It wont route all the way to, it says 21 there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Don't sweat it, Stop trying to do everything on the Internet. There is only one road. No place to turn....until you get to the highway along the North Shore...you go to the right until you get to Cabrera!!

This is a piece of cake, with icing...

HB

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Don't sweat it, Stop trying to do everything on the Internet. There is only one road. No place to turn....until you get to the highway along the North Shore...you go to the right until you get to Cabrera!!

This is a piece of cake, with icing...

HB

Once you get to Tamboril.... there is an orange colored gas station...I forget the name..... go up that hill and keep going.... HB is right - the only mistake you can make is to fall off the road while taking in the scenery.

You will dead-end into Hwy#5.. the north coast highway.... turn right. The signage doesn't include Cabrera but it is about 10 minutes after Rio San Juan.

You can't miss it.

WW