In my dreams....

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I am spending August in some hidden little corner of the DR.... in a little casita with a garden.. where my Shihtzu can watch me write as I sit in the garden. It is very quiet here. There is really only the sound of the river.

Perhaps this is a little outbuilding on a bigger property. It has running water and a bit of electricity for a fan but is not deluxe by any means.. in fact, it is wooden!

We both feel very safe there since the owner's family is right near by and looks out for us.

We are far away from any sort of colmado, or rather any loud speakers.

There are some folks who have weekend houses here.. some Capitalenos.. or Santiagueros... they do not let out the news of this place since.... well... it is really not for outsiders.....

is this possiible?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i went to this place, los montones. mountains close to santiago. well, fairly, about one hour drive. peace, peace and more peace. views to die for.
we went to a private house but there are some motels there. maybe someone knows more detail. and shihtzu - i will steal it ;)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Thanks to both of you...

The Kolibripark looks beautiful but the webpage suffers from the "too much information" syndrome.. in that I do not really want to know about his custody fight with his nutty Albanian wife and am always a bit leary about too many Bishops and bible quotes.. Would that not interfere a bit with my daily Tarot readings? I do not wish to offend with my pagan practices.

Los Montones sounds lovely.. I will definitely look into it further.

Indeed, the Shihtzu would be easy to steal since she is terminally friendly and will jump into ANY car with anyone.. since she loves riding in cars. She prefers SUVs and families with children. Neither of which I provide her with..

I am always grateful that she stays with me but would not be surprised if she left for a better offer.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
"Los Montones" are definately worth a look-see. Lots of really nice people up that way.

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Do not try and slove this on the internet. go to SAJOMA and ask and there are also signs...you wanted {away from everything} this is away from everything.

HB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ok, you live santiago through a bridge over rio yaque del norte and drive straight all the time. well, relatively because the road has millions of curves. drive towards san jose de las matas but eventually leave the main road and follow signs for a national park (forgot the name, sorry!). views are incredible and you will see many fantastic houses, lots of rich folks have holiday homes in that area.
i remember a place calles cabanas san valentin, really beautiful location by the river, huge lot with small casitas. no music. no cars. not many people. very quiet. not sure how it would work for the doggie thou. dominicans love small goggies and there is a chance someone would snatch it. it could be me, in our SUV :)

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Paraiso Cao Hondo
This is an ecological place of absolute calm and peace during the weekdays.
Its located on Sabana de La Mar en el Parque Nacional de Los Haitises. At night you can hear the sound of water from the falls of the rivers and the birds and animals that inhabit the place.
The dominican food that they prepare at their tipico restaurant is to die for.

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
I am spending August in some hidden little corner of the DR.... in a little casita with a garden.. where my Shihtzu can watch me write as I sit in the garden. It is very quiet here. There is really only the sound of the river.

Perhaps this is a little outbuilding on a bigger property. It has running water and a bit of electricity for a fan but is not deluxe by any means.. in fact, it is wooden!

We both feel very safe there since the owner's family is right near by and looks out for us.

We are far away from any sort of colmado, or rather any loud speakers.

There are some folks who have weekend houses here.. some Capitalenos.. or Santiagueros... they do not let out the news of this place since.... well... it is really not for outsiders.....

is this possiible?

Sounds a bit like Las Salinas on the South coast, a couple of hours West of Santo Domingo. Been there, done that......