proper etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

globe-trotter

Apr 8, 2011
I always ask this question when visiting another country. What things, words, or actions I should avoid doing so I won't accidentally offend someone who's from DR?

In certain situations like walking down the street, on the beach, in a restaurant/bar, or in the clubs, and tipping.

Regards

Globe

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
You coming on vacation or moving here??? Makes a big difference. And what area?

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
You don't have to worry too much! Be respectful, friendly, don't over tip but don't not tip, if you are going to churches or gov't buildings dress appropriately. Other then that you are a tourist. We are used to tourists, have fun!!!!

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
"mad dogs and english couple" ? Ginnie Bedggood
"tales of a caribbean isle" ? Heinz Meder
"essential guide to customs and culture" ? Ginnie Bedggood & Ilana Benady
"margarita cat" ? Bruce Van Sant
"rough guide to the DR" ? Sean Harvey

all on amazon

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
dont show body parts that are reserved for the bedroom and introduce yourself to everyone in the room even if there are 46 of them

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
same as home: wherever you come from. don't flash your coochie nor chichis, don't wear tons of gold, don't get fall off your a** drunk and do not go topless - somehow it is not well received here.
lot will be forgiven because you are a turista so just relax and have fun.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Strongly recommend the Bedggood and Benady book. It's recent, it's cheap, beautifully printed, designed and proofread, small enough to slip in your pocket and will add value and interest to your holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.