Status
Not open for further replies.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I am not sure what it says

all I got is muerto and aleman

Manu

A German businessman was found dead Tuesday night at his home in General Gregorio Luperon urbanization of this city, he did know the Northern Regional Directorate of National Police.
Dead is Christopher Obladen Hans Thomas, 60 years old, who lived alone in lane 2 of that sector, whose death was not determined conclusively by the coroner who examined his body.
The medical examiner, Dr. Miguel Mercedes Batista ruled Obladen so vague that he died of "possible pulmonary edema," so the deputy prosecutor Jos? Mart?nez amount sent his body to the Forensic Science Institute in Santiago.
It was reported that the foreigner was killed while he was lying on his bed, under which the authorities of the Public Ministry and National Police raised the body found the sum of RD $ 140,000.00 in cash, which was delivered to the deputy prosecutor acting in the case.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
What does strike me as a bit hardcore is the amount of people murdered in their homes, seems more are killed in their safety zones than are in the street. Maybe we should all buy a cardboard box and move to the local gas station!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
The article says he was found dead in bed, possibly of a pulmonary embolism, not that he was murdered.

matilda

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
What does strike me as a bit hardcore is the amount of people murdered in their homes, seems more are killed in their safety zones than are in the street. Maybe we should all buy a cardboard box and move to the local gas station!
Sounds like he died of a heart attck. With all that cash, it would not appear a murder or anything suspect. Another day in paradise. Now if we want to speculate on what's going to happen to the $$$.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
why are we reporting people that died of a heart attack - I hope I dont make dr1 news when I die of natural causes

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
why are we reporting people that died of a heart attack - I hope I dont make dr1 news when I die of natural causes

Mesage Forum,expats .....relatives and friends may not know yet.

JR may you have a happy and long live..........when the day comes we'll have a wake with Brugal and Presidentes

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
A German businessman was found dead Tuesday night at his home in General Gregorio Luperon urbanization of this city, he did know the Northern Regional Directorate of National Police.
Dead is Christopher Obladen Hans Thomas, 60 years old, who lived alone in lane 2 of that sector, whose death was not determined conclusively by the coroner who examined his body.
The medical examiner, Dr. Miguel Mercedes Batista ruled Obladen so vague that he died of "possible pulmonary edema," so the deputy prosecutor Jos? Mart?nez amount sent his body to the Forensic Science Institute in Santiago.
It was reported that the foreigner was killed while he was lying on his bed, under which the authorities of the Public Ministry and National Police raised the body found the sum of RD $ 140,000.00 in cash, which was delivered to the deputy prosecutor acting in the case.

Thank you for translating
Manu

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
PUERTO PLATA .- A German businessman was found dead at his home in the General Gregorio Luperon development of this city Tuesday night, as reported by the Regional North Command Office of the National Police.

Dead is Christopher Obladen Hans Thomas, 60 years old, who resided alone at the street #2 of the said
sector. The cause of his death couldn't be established conclusively by the coroner who examined his body.

The medical examiner, Dr. Miguel Mercedes Batista ruled as possible cause that Obladen had died of
"pulmonary edema," so that the fiscal Deputy Jos? Mart?nez requested that his body be sent to
the Forensic Science Institute in Santiago for further examination.

It was reported that he died while he was lying on his bed, under which the authorities of the Public Ministry and the National Police who lifted the body found the sum of RD $ 140,000.00 in cash, which was delivered to the acting deputy prosecutor in the case.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Firm hires Haitians in the Dominican Republic to take them to work in Dubai ..

PUERTO PLATA / By ANTONIO HEREDIA / Puerto Plata Digital - A construction company in the Dominican Republic began the recruitment of Haitians to take to work in the UAE.

The recruitment is done in the Railway sector, in the bottom of this city by the International Building Company "Abu Dhabi Enterprise (ADE), represented by Dr. Thomas Obladen. for future construction work.

More than a hundred Haitians were packed like "sardines in a can", em Old Street Railway, attracted by the offer.

Obladen told reporters that two months ago masonry are recruiting teachers and helpers in the communities of Juana Mendez and Cap Haitien, Haiti, and in Puerto Plata, for the ADE requires about 14 000 construction workers to build infrastructure in Dubai, capital of the UAE.
He argued, moreover, are being hired construction workers in Pakistan and Nicaragua.

Suspending collection
The company demanded payment of $ 10.00 for those interested in opting for the recruitment, but this charge was lifted by order of the District Attorney of Puerto Plata, Victor Mueses, who communicated by telephone with representatives of the Construction Company "Abu Dhabi Enterprise.
Obladen said that Haitian workers selected will be exempt from visas and tickets, protected by an employment contract authenticated by the parties and indicated that the Dominican authorities were aware of these actions, as these construction workers will have their rights guaranteed.
Moreover, the Deputy Regional Director of Immigration, Kenya licensed Serrata Diaz, said that the recruitment of workers is done with the permission of the superiors of this government agency.
Posted by elbrechero on 05/02/2010

-------------------------------------------------------------

Same guy maybe???

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Yet another take on the event and the guy:

Unknown suspects may have killed Thursday morning in his residence a German businessman who was involved in the purchase, rental and sale of engines in this city.

The victim was identified as Thomas Obladen, a medical doctor who spent several years living in Puerto Plata engaged in the business of the other groups of people working as motoconchos passenger transport.

In addition, Obladen owned a financing biz at street located in the old railroad to the west of this city, through which he financed through daily quotas on a weekly san as called for the purchase of motorcycles to stakeholders in motoconcho as a career in the streets of Puerto Plata.

He resided in the street #3 of the residential General Gregorio Luperon, where officials immediately showed up from the homicide department of the Northern Regional Directorate of National Police, accompanied by the medical examiner, Miguel Batista and Deputy Public Prosecutor, lawyer Jose Martinez Montes With the purpose of initiating investigations of this case.

The institution of public order established in a report given to reporters that the German Obladen died of pulmonary edema, but his body was sent to the National Institute of Forensic Sciences in Santiago in order to know the real cause of death.

In the room where was found the lifeless body of the German Obladen the police and judicial doctor found a large sum of cash, which was immediately taken into custody by the authorities.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Multitasking guy?

He was busy, busy, busy in Puerto Plata!

Nevertheless there's no indication of foul play so far; so until the examiner in Santiago says otherwise, this guy died in peace on his bed while resting...

Nothing here to indicate he was involved in any "wierd" biz in the DR so far...

R.I.P...

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
hmmm
Miss Marple says
he took money from recruits,they suspended the collection but he already charged people 10$
I know
speculations ,speculations
Manu

Status
Not open for further replies.