Getting an argument out of your loved one!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Sh1t, this silence thing drives me nuts. Why can't we just have a massive blow out, make up and then carry on with life.
I have never met a woman that will go silent on arguments until I moved here, normally I am trying to avoid the direct line of fire in any other breed of woman. With her, it seems she smells my blood boiling my flesh from the inside out and relishes the thought of me finding it difficult to keep my mouth shut.

Are we gringos just loudmouths, need to get things out in the open and clear, or are these little minxes trying to send us to an early death, stroke or even suicide (ok, a bit much hahaha, but adds to the drama, lol).

What ya think, get it out or shut up?
This is all because I want a horse and she wants me to get another bike, R1 preferably! I want the peaceful life!!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I'm trying, so bloody difficult to shut up when I'm right all the time.
The girl I saw you with last time, I'm amazed you still have yours intact, her teeth were pretty wolverine like!! Pretty girl, but needs a film set!!

Jared Wilson

Apr 12, 2011
"The girl I saw you with last time, I'm amazed you still have yours intact, her teeth were pretty wolverine like!! Pretty girl, but needs a film set!! "

LOL Harsh

My wife is a master of using the silent treatment. They know it drives us nuts.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm trying, so bloody difficult to shut up when I'm right all the time.
The girl I saw you with last time, I'm amazed you still have yours intact, her teeth were pretty wolverine like!! Pretty girl, but needs a film set!!

You obviously do not know jrhartley at all.

The silent-treatment is worldwide, my mother was a master of it, drove my father nuts when she turned it on. No one has ever accused me of being silent, so it's not a learned behavior. :laugh::laugh:

AE
Who has been known to slam a door or two instead...

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
It has been my experience here that Dominican women generally speaking like to debate and win, albeit loudly and without logic any real or perceived difference. Americans again generally like to confront and resolve problems. I always just walk away without response to any accusations or threats.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010

[/SIZE]

We aren't pen pals but I've seen him batting the ball out of his league, he does move live a guy half his age of 78!!
Smooth operator, alot can be learned from the old Yoda dudes!

Infact I do believe he once wisked a girl out from under me in corner bar!

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Silence or arguing are tools in the ongoing battle. She will use whichever tool pushes your buttons! Obviously she has got it right. AND yes women all over the world do this - my mother did it to my father AND to her own children. We got the silent treatment for days and days.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

The silent-treatment is worldwide, my mother was a master of it, drove my father nuts when she turned it on. No one has ever accused me of being silent, so it's not a learned behavior. :laugh::laugh:

AE
Who has been known to slam a door or two instead...

I am also a master of silent treatment too. Sometimes, I am just so ****ed off that I am afraid of what might come out of my mouth, so I rather keep silent until I calm down. I am known to be ZEN ;)
I have to admit, American men drive me nuts, they always want to talk about the slighest issue. :)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We aren't pen pals but I've seen him batting the ball out of his league, he does move live a guy half his age of 78!!
Smooth operator, alot can be learned from the old Yoda dudes!

Infact I do believe he once wisked a girl out from under me in corner bar!

Huh?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

AE

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
I am not known for my diplomatic skills,
so for all parties involved

its better for me to give the silent treatment
and a lot safer for you lol
Manu

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
It can be difficult for some people to express negative feelings, and argue with others. I think you can just talk to her calmly, ask more questions for her to open up about how she really feels. She might be scared to hurt your feelings if she said something wrong.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
pimpslap1.jpg

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Pony up!!!!

Sh1t, this silence thing drives me nuts. Why can't we just have a massive blow out, make up and then carry on with life.
I have never met a woman that will go silent on arguments until I moved here, normally I am trying to avoid the direct line of fire in any other breed of woman. With her, it seems she smells my blood boiling my flesh from the inside out and relishes the thought of me finding it difficult to keep my mouth shut.

Are we gringos just loudmouths, need to get things out in the open and clear, or are these little minxes trying to send us to an early death, stroke or even suicide (ok, a bit much hahaha, but adds to the drama, lol).

What ya think, get it out or shut up?
This is all because I want a horse and she wants me to get another bike, R1 preferably! I want the peaceful life!!

***Just go buy the horse and the bike....betcha she says something them....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
Silent Treatment

I love the silent treatment. Frankly, I wish Women would do it more. There is nothing more annoying than their high pitched caterwauling.

The problem is that Dominican women - in my experience- do not use they silent treatment.

They love to use that big mouth to nag and browbeat with inane irrational banter.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The next time she needs some money from you give her the same treatment. Silent. Cures it quick.

Feb 15, 2005
I found that with Dominican women who prefer the silent treatment that the best way to counter that is to leave her alone for awhile. If it's early, take a shower, get dressed and act like your thinking about going for a beer or something. Other than that, if it's late sleep separate. I personally hate the vibes of a disgruntled mate next to me and would rather sleep on the couch. jajaja. I usually get, " you're not coming to bed?" and I would say "not until you change your attitude which is disappointing" estoy desencantado con tu aitud y prefiero estar solo.

wow, that usually hits the spot and I mean usually. Not a fail safe approach but worth a try.

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
I found that with Dominican women who prefer the silent treatment that the best way to counter that is to leave her alone for awhile. If it's early, take a shower, get dressed and act like your thinking about going for a beer or something. Other than that, if it's late sleep separate. I personally hate the vibes of a disgruntled mate next to me and would rather sleep on the couch. jajaja. I usually get, " you're not coming to bed?" and I would say "not until you change your attitude which is disappointing" estoy desencantado con tu aitud y prefiero estar solo.

wow, that usually hits the spot and I mean usually. Not a fail safe approach but worth a try.

Yeah leave alone for a while works, we need time to prepare a speech which will make a guy do what we want >:D

Your trick (going out, sleep separate) will work only a few times, after she will know you are just bulling a game hehehe

My position is to talk, i hate silence too, and hate even more when person is avoiding to answer a question WHY, i mean really why he or she is doing or wants to do something and says some BS just to get rid of you.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I love the silent treatment.The problem is that Dominican women - in my experience- do not use they silent treatment.

They love to use that big mouth to nag and browbeat with inane irrational banter.

It couldnt hurt to say that a 2nd time.