Legally, how could the Sosua Mayor be removed from office?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
By ballot in the next election. You going to run against her? She is quite popular!!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
She was elected to a 6 year term. Very popular with the people who live here. DR1ers who want to keep things the way they were in recent years don't count for much here.

It is worth noting that PLD candidates won almost every office in the country in the last election. New mayor is PRD and defeated the PLD incument. That gives you a good idea of how the residents think about the "old days".

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
Mayor

everybody should just get together with all the business owners and have a meeting with her to try to pursuade her to change her agenda.

No, the business owners should get together. Have a fund raising event. And, make a "donation" to her re-election campaign. She may be so grateful that she decides magically to change her agenda.

This is how things are done in the US.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I thought a law was passed that forbid non-Dominican citizens from engaging in any sort of political activity?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
No, the business owners should get together. Have a fund raising event. And, make a "donation" to her re-election campaign. She may be so grateful that she decides magically to change her agenda.

This is how things are done in the US.
She's been elected for 6 years. Re-election is probably the last thing on her mind.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
She was elected to a 6 year term. Very popular with the people who live here. DR1ers who want to keep things the way they were in recent years don't count for much here.

It is worth noting that PLD candidates won almost every office in the country in the last election. New mayor is PRD and defeated the PLD incument. That gives you a good idea of how the residents think about the "old days".

Hippo will read her the riot act after the next election.

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
Mayor

The other thing that can be done it to find another candidate who believes in what you believe in and start to build up their candidacy even though election is a few years off.

-Find a candidate or groom one
-start the fundraising now
-start strategizing now

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Well she has my vote. I can't imagine why anybody would be complaining that someone was trying to clean up a town.
If you were a golfer and bought a house in a golfing community, wouldn't you be a ~tad~ upset if the powers that be shut the golf course down?

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Well she has my vote. I can't imagine why anybody would be complaining that someone was trying to clean up a town.

Ah, the ends justifies the means. Don't like something just round folks up and throw them in jail. So what exactly are these women being arrested for?

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008

Yes, she clean up the town.
Like before, is it now very few girls that harass you when you walk down Pedro Cliesante , if you use the side walk , where Jolly Rogers, Britannia is , can you today walk without be harassed,
And often is it Politur outside Merange bar and Classico and observe and check that no girls harass the tourists .
So I don't see the need to still arrest and harass girls that wants to enter Classico.
Even in Classico is it very few girls that harass you now.
Go down to the beach and all this shops owners that want to sell you something , find I much more irritating and harassing .

Whatever you like it or not , so is Sosua a place that many male tourist travel to be with prostitutes.
Many restaurants and bars, hotels and other business struggle to survive now, if the major takes all the girls away, will also the male tourist disappear, and many restaurants and bars will be force to close.

Or it will be like in Cuba, where prostitution is forbidden and it is difficult to walk in the streets with a Cuban girl, without she will be stop by police and send to police station.
So many male Cubans are some kind of pimps , that find girls for you and often act like they are the girls boyfriend when you walk outside with the girls.
Maybe bars or hotels in Sosua in the future will have some kind of pimps that find girls for the tourists and bring them to your hotel for a commission,

There are many girls that will not visit Sosua any more , also many girls that has stop be prostitutes, because of the problem with the police.
So what is left, mostly hardcore prostitutes that easy fool, lies and steal from you and have to bribe police to not be arrested.

If business goes down, fewer work and employers, then will normally crime rise.
The major should be much more concern about the all inclusive hotels in North coast that struggle to survive and has to lay of many of their Dominican workers for a longer period now.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Yes, she clean up the town.
Like before, is it now very few girls that harass you when you walk down Pedro Cliesante , if you use the side walk , where Jolly Rogers, Britannia is , can you today walk without be harassed,
And often is it Politur outside Merange bar and Classico and observe and check that no girls harass the tourists .
So I don't see the need to still arrest and harass girls that wants to enter Classico.
Even in Classico is it very few girls that harass you now.
Go down to the beach and all this shops owners that want to sell you something , find I much more irritating and harassing .

Whatever you like it or not , so is Sosua a place that many male tourist travel to be with prostitutes.
Many restaurants and bars, hotels and other business struggle to survive now, if the major takes all the girls away, will also the male tourist disappear, and many restaurants and bars will be force to close.

Or it will be like in Cuba, where prostitution is forbidden and it is difficult to walk in the streets with a Cuban girl, without she will be stop by police and send to police station.
So many male Cubans are some kind of pimps , that find girls for you and often act like they are the girls boyfriend when you walk outside with the girls.
Maybe bars or hotels in Sosua in the future will have some kind of pimps that find girls for the tourists and bring them to your hotel for a commission,

There are many girls that will not visit Sosua any more , also many girls that has stop be prostitutes, because of the problem with the police.
So what is left, mostly hardcore prostitutes that easy fool, lies and steal from you and have to bribe police to not be arrested.

If business goes down, fewer work and employers, then will normally crime rise.
The major should be much more concern about the all inclusive hotels in North coast that struggle to survive and has to lay of many of their Dominican workers for a longer period now.

I have no issue with the opinion, but ...

everybody ... I swear ... I didn't do it! Please don't hold ME accountable! And please believe me when I say .... maybe The Mayor did it!!!

Major :bunny::bunny::bunny:

(Chrismic ... no offense. I am just having some fun with you. I, and others, do know precisely what you meant!!!)