Nothing easy in SD

Los Lobos

Mar 8, 2011
Been here a week and have found nothing easy. From buying supplies from fertteria to getting work done. Seems to be everyone likes to discusss everything for three days for two days of work. Never look at a clock for time for there never right. I dont know why public vehicles are a piece of **** from buses police cars garbage trucks and ambulence. If anyone is in SD i will he here until 6/9. No way to get around. In Los
Mamaeys. Text me 407 257 8645. Just a rant more to come
Steve

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
That's why is not called the "BIG EASY", but Santo Domingo!

You can tell time is kind of not a thing to hurry for in the DR... It's kind-of the other way around here!

4840948573_94fe6d9370_b.jpg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You have transmitted something that we try to convey to these people that visit for two weeks and decide to move here.

Thank you for your frank analysis of the situation.

There are some good things, too. I just paid about $8 to have the garbage-men remove nearly a ton of refuse that was produced when my son cleaned out one of the back yards...in the rain, mind you...You can't to that in the States...

HB

Los Lobos

Mar 8, 2011
Agree. Getting lots of work done but not easy. One
weeks work in two. Unfortunatley
i only have two week
s. Weather not helping. Ferrteria Quilivo has been a great help

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
they are idiots, but you do not have time to replace them. as a union ironworker, foreman, in NYC i always told them, "be on time, if you show up late, you go home, no pay", i'd then call the union hall and ask for other workers. sprry to hear of your problem, if you had more time you could replace them.............i am fascinated by the guy with a pair of pliers, screwdriver, dress shoes, who calls himself a plumber. he also does cable TV. get rid of them instantly, they will get the message, no work = no pay, and you may have to wait till you find good help it is out there. i've never seen as good a quality of work in NYC, it just takes time to find the right people..........

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
We travel to DR often and there is always something that needs to be repaired or replaced.
My husband sets up a time and it is agreed in advance. If you are not here on time you should not bother coming.
It works most of the time.