Has anyone dealt with Facebook ads and its campaigns, Pricing and Scheduling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
We will be creating a facebook page for our website, and I noticed their Campaigns, Pricing and Scheduling and the pricing for Pay for Impressions (CPM) and Pay for Clicks (CPC).

Has anyone here gone through this for websites catering the Dominican Republic? Does it work?

I'm just beginning to read about this, but I'm initially thinking of using the Pay for Impressions module since we only want to spread awareness of our site.

Thanks.

miozio

May 23, 2009
We will be creating a facebook page for our website, and I noticed their Campaigns, Pricing and Scheduling and the pricing for Pay for Impressions (CPM) and Pay for Clicks (CPC).

Has anyone here gone through this for websites catering the Dominican Republic? Does it work?

I'm just beginning to read about this, but I'm initially thinking of using the Pay for Impressions module since we only want to spread awareness of our site.

Thanks.
I have a few running campaigns but i never targeted Dominican Republic. There are something like 2million Facebook users from DR, am i right? I will guess that most of them, like 90% live in the US and Canada.

You can always try to see what happens, and you are probably right to go with CPM as latin people tend to click around everywhere. Once again it all depends on the specs of your site, the age group you choose, etc, etc.

All i have from Facebook is likes of the page, nobody really cares more than admitting the page is cool and writing positive comments. Facebook is a place for friends who don't click away from this platform.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I was only going to create a 'business' profile for our site in facebook. I know many people with profiles, so I wasn't considering paying facebook for ad space. Then I saw the paid advertising that they offered so I started reading up on it.

I was also considering Google Adwords, but I don't quite now how that works.

What would you suggest for advertising via web? It's a free classifieds site similar to craigslist.

Thanks.

miozio

May 23, 2009
Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I was only going to create a 'business' profile for our site in facebook. I know many people with profiles, so I wasn't considering paying facebook for ad space. Then I saw the paid advertising that they offered so I started reading up on it.

I was also considering Google Adwords, but I don't quite now how that works.

What would you suggest for advertising via web? It's a free classifieds site similar to craigslist.

Thanks.

I wouldn't suggest Facebook ads. As for Adwords, it works best when you bid on very narrow keyword phrases, don't even try highly popular searches as there is less conversion and they are not cheap. You need to research your niche properly.

I would suggest SEO (Search Engine Optimization) instead of throwing money if you are not sure how to. Learn the basics and use those on your site.

miozio

May 23, 2009
Oh, i forgot to mention that its good to have a Facebook business page as social networks will most likely be decisive in SEO in the near future and bit by bit they are now. Put a "like" button on your site just in case and socialize with other pages of your choice. It will not bring you results in the beginning but will create visibility around the net for your brand. Remember that there are other promotion tools/sites and if you think your site is a hidden treasure, go and submit it to every social network possible, write press releases and become known. Do not spam though.

Steve Martin

Jun 13, 2011
I also want to know experience from that person who has advertised his business or product on face book.I also want to advertised my business there.I know about all the terms and conditions but want to know about the dealing experience with them first from a person who has availed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.