A plea to the traffic management idiots

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
In addition to the ''mess'' you have ccreated at the stoplights near Pleyero, you have created another ''mess'' at the stoplight in Sosua Abeyo. Please reduce the stppage time for the Ruta. The Ruta carries at least 20X the traffic as the sidestreet.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
The Playero light isn't at fault, it's the front of the police station. Maybe they could move the station?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Amet will ticket you for the Playero light but I have never seen them working the Sosua abajo light and yep, we all just drive right thru it, well I slow down a bit and then go thru it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
well, see, this is how DR works: some lights you can jump and some you cannot. if you know there is a police at those lights then just stop. charamicos and playero i always stop at. sosua abajo i slow down, look at the road, look for cops and then cross.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
The original poster makes reference to the "traffic management idiots".

I always sort of assumed that the traffic management people were those relatives of politicos who only showed up for work on payday. Hence, the total lack of anything appearing to be traffic management.

Here in Bani, the general rule seems to be that the lights are to be obeyed on weekdays, stop and proceed if clear on red on weeknights, and totally ignored on weekends, AMET or no. That and the strange configuration of one-way streets seem to completely confuse the people driving though, especially those driving from Port-au-Prince to Santo Domingo.