Santiago to Bonao

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
Good Afternoon,

Is it possible to take a bus from Santiago directly to Bonao? If so, from where in Santiago can I take the bus. I will be arriving in Santiago by Metro bus.

Thank you.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
If you take Caribe tours they stop there on the SD bus to/from Santiago.
The Caribe tours station is not too many steps from the Metro terminal.

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
Thanks for your reply. Prior to posting I had checked the Caribe Tours schedule, and they don't appear to stop at Bonao, only at La Vega. Any alternatives please?

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
So the answer to my question is, There is no direct bus route from Santiago to Bonao centre?

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Leaves you in Bonao at the entrance to town where a motoconcho awaits your arrival.

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
RV429, thank you for your patience, sorry to appear naive, but if Bonao is not on the Caribe Tours schedule, how do I purchase a ticket for that destination, and how do I purchase a ticket for the return journey, from how you describe the outward journey I guess I wait for the bus where it drops off, albeit the other side of the road?

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Forget about Caribe Tours or Metro as those companies doesn't have connection between both cities. Yur best option is to walk from metro bus station to "La parada de Bonao" that is located 5 minutes walking distance at the corner of Av. 27 de Febrero and Av. Estrella Sadhala parking lot of puclic offices building "Edidficio El Huacalito".

Good luck

JJ