best chinese food?

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Don't know about Santo Domingo, but if your ever in Santiago, do check out Chinese Fast Food in the Auto Pista Duarte. They are the best here.

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
My choice is Expreso Jade, tastes most like good, cheap chinese joints from the states, but that's me, and they are all over the city. Also WOK restaurant, think there are at least two, one on Betancourt near Ave. Nunez, a little more upscale - quite good and fresh last time I was there. Lastly, is a place called Chino Lee also on Betacourt, near Privada, the wife's personal fav.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Bella Cristal Roberto Pastoriza No. 458, between Lincoln and Churchill.

lucas08

Sep 6, 2005
Best chinese food for the price

RESTAURANT DELICIA CAMPESTRE (BARRIO CHINO) is on Av. Benito Gonzales with Av. Duarte. Is the best chinese food for the price but remember to take cash cus they dont accept credit card (they dont charge 16% tax either).

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
In my estimation, the best chinese food in the capital is the Chino de Marisco on ave Sarasota near the Ambassador hotel. It is better than Bella Crystal.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
Very good wonton soup, egg rolls, sliced roast pork, shrimp with vegetables. I try to eat there at least once every 2 weeks or so. They make for me: sliced roast pork sweet and sour, since I do not like the fried pork that is usually used. They even fry me up some thin noodles to add to my soup.

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
There is a place in China Twn on Duarte between Av Mexico and almost to the corner of Benito Gonzalez on the left side going down and right next to a jewelry store, the place is called Meg Ui I think they have very good chinese food as well as sushies. Clean place too.

l.faber

Sep 20, 2006
Looking for NO MSG!

Does anyone know of any Chinese restaurants in the capital that DO NOT use MSG in their cooking? It gives me side effects.

Bahoruco

Jun 24, 2011
Best chinese/taiwanese in capital

Best Chinese: Chinese restaurant in Av. Benito Gonzales between Av. Duarte and Jose Marti(Barrio Chino). I don't remember the name, but it is opposite the two Chinese supermarkets, next to the Chinese bakery.
Best Taiwanese: Jardin Jasmin, Avda. Romulo Betancourt 1310 (near Churchill). Cheap, good juices (as all Taiwanese restaurants), mainly vegetarian, nice garden terrace.

facelessdoll

Oct 20, 2011
I love Bella Cristal highly recommend trying the corn/chicken cream... DELISH!!

JuanDolioLiving - Mei-gui is owned by Rosa NG (she's the person who has most fought for re-vamping the China Town area) it is VERY GOOD! I love it there.

There's also another chinese restaurant around China Town, it's in a second story... dragon something, it's been there for ages and it's very good and like all good chinese restaurants not expensive and very generous servings.

Doc T

Dec 21, 2011
Jardin Chinois definitely the way to go.

I wouldn't touch Expresso Jade witha stick from 20ft distance, lol. Overpriced, super greasy and a lot of the time it's reheated.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

I wouldn't touch Expresso Jade witha stick from 20ft distance, lol. Overpriced, super greasy and a lot of the time it's reheated.

Could not agree more with you on Expresso Jade. I prefer Chino De Mariscos on Sarasota though.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

Huh?

Reheated? Super greasy?

In the many times I've eaten there I saw them prepare my food pretty much in front of me. Just stand there and watch!

While not "gourmet" Expresso Jade delivers a solid product, quickly and at an acceptable price. Not a buffet.

Obviously, opinions vary...

santo1

May 1, 2011
I love Bella Cristal highly recommend trying the corn/chicken cream... DELISH!!

JuanDolioLiving - Mei-gui is owned by Rosa NG (she's the person who has most fought for re-vamping the China Town area) it is VERY GOOD! I love it there.

There's also another chinese restaurant around China Town, it's in a second story... dragon something, it's been there for ages and it's very good and like all good chinese restaurants not expensive and very generous servings.

I have been using the dragon for nearly nine years (as i lived in walking distance) never had a bad meal,tax is high when sitting in.The others in the area are all ok as long as you order fresh,not the food on display,except the chofan ! always good.

rh8371

Nov 5, 2008
Teriyaki Jade in most of the major malls and shopping centers is actually very good. They don't offer an extensive chinese menu but what they do serve is made to order and use fresh ingridents. Defintely above and beyond expresso Jade. There is also a new chinese place that opened in the Americana Plaza on Kennedy right next to the Office Max. Went once and enjoyed the place as well as the food....try the chinese ribs!