Best way from Las Terrenas to Las Americas Airport SDQ in Santo Domingo

Colin Geissler

Aug 22, 2011
I am new to Las Terrenas. I need to be at the Santo Domingo International Airport on Tuesday the 13th for a 1:00 pm flight to Panama. I have asked a couple people what is the best way to get there. Many have ideas, few have details. Aerodomca only flies in the afternoon and I would rather not spend the night in Santo Domingo. I have deduced the following:

a. private taxi from LT would be about $180 US and would take me directly in about 2.5 hrs.
b. A guagua from town (where?) will take me to Sanchez where I can get a Caribe tours bus to Santo Domingo -- but does it stop at the airport? The price for the guagua is ?? and the bus should be about 300 pesos.
c. I can rent a car for $50US per day but I doubt there is drop off and pick up service at SDQ.

Any suggestions? Anyone going down on the 13th?

Cheers,
Colin

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
d. you can take the direct bus from LT to SD and get off at the end of the toll road. There is a taxi stand right there with reasonable pricing to get you to the airport as it is not too far from the corner.

Colin Geissler

Aug 22, 2011
So, here is what I did:

At about 6:35 am I arrived at the Paseo (adjacent to the Cemetery) to wait for the 7:00 am guagua. It might have been a bit early but I got one of the last three seats. The bus was over filled at the mid-town stop. The cost was $300RD. It was pretty packed but along the way some of the people who were standing and seated got off. When you can see the sea, tell the conductor you want to get out for the airport. Once outside there is a taxi stand where you will be charged $500RD for the 5 minute ride to the airport. If others get out at the same time you might be able to split the cab fare.

It was easy, relatively safe and inexpensive. I think I arrived at the airport at about 10:15 which was plenty of time for my afternoon flight.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, it is nice to see a poster who takes the trouble to come back and acknowledge people's help. :)