If You Don't Like the Dr You Should Provide a Better Solution...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I live here and complain just like the rest of you, but I find that if you look towards the positive side and look for solutions as opposed to looking for the grey cloud you will have better results!

If you can't afford an American Hamburger you should stay away from this Island.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If you can't afford an American Hamburger you should stay away from this Island.

Are American hamburgers more expensive in the DR?

I know what you are saying Mike and you are right in many ways. People move to the DR because they feel more free blah blah but soon want laws enforced and things changed to make it more like the country they escaped from. ;)

Yes less complaining and more of what we love about the DR would be a treat to read about. ;)

alexdr

Aug 19, 2010
If you have enough money and can live within your means, the positives here, i believe, far outweigh the negatives. I am originally from New Jersey. Enough said!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007

I know what you are saying Mike and you are right in many ways. People move to the DR because they feel more free blah blah but soon want laws enforced and things changed to make it more like the country they escaped from. ;)

Yes less complaining and more of what we love about the DR would be a treat to read about. ;)

Hi Anna,

Do you Know someone that can combine these thoughts as you have my blessings.!

Thanks,

Mike

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Shalena, you don't even live here. Can you not afford a burger?

Obviously not, you did keep you yap shut for once, only a comment!!!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
You guys are fantastic! Tell the world who lives best and how to live it.

Sh1t, pull your head out your arse and see the world for what it is, many people, in many different manners of life, with many different intentions, your correctness is not correct, only for you. Rich guys!!!

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009

Generally speaking, any good that is not made in the DR, and has to be imported, is going to cost you more than you would pay at home (in US).

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Shalena, you don't even live here. Can you not afford a burger?

Obviously not, you did keep you yap shut for once, only a comment!!!

I think we've found out who can't afford the hamburger!
Bwaaaaaa-haaaaaa!

SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
And again, Anastacio, I am so sorry you ate dirt poor. I am so sorry you knocked up some campo prostitute and ended up serving a life sentence with the poorest of the DR. Again, I offer my condolences and my offer still stands to lend you the plane fare outta there. NO interest! I cannot give it to you because I am reading Ginnie and Ilana's book and they discourage throwing money at the poor.

SHALENA

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The only part of an "American" hamburger in the DR from America is...well...the cheese, if you want a cheeseburger.

There is no reason why a hamburger should be that expensive in the DR unless one chooses to give the proprietor of the establishment a sizeable profit for his efforts.

1/3lb. carne molida 80%, a Lumidor big bun, local lechuga, tomates, cebolla, queso (I need real cheddar, thankyouverymuch, and can afford it, dammit!), mayonesa, catchup, mustaza y pepinillo...even chips can be home made from local papas. Not that much $$$.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
And again, Anastacio, I am so sorry you ate dirt poor. I am so sorry you knocked up some campo prostitute and ended up serving a life sentence with the poorest of the DR. Again, I offer my condolences and my offer still stands to lend you the plane fare outta there. NO interest! I cannot give it to you because I am reading Ginnie and Ilana's book and they discourage throwing money at the poor.

SHALENA

That wasn't very nice thing to say about his partner. How long is this going to continue? You are both bad.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
That wasn't very nice thing to say about his partner. How long is this going to continue? You are both bad.

Anna, I understand that it was not kosher but it is the truth. It is well known on the board Anastacio's situation. If I called her a prostitute it is because she was one....that he just "accidentally" knocked up. I clicked "LIKE" on someone's comment and he chose to attack me so now I put it out there. It is not my fault that he knocked up a prostitute and now hates the world because he chose to stay with her for the child. Nor am I the type to keep allowing people to attack me without defending myself. I had said NOTHING to him, he obviously was looking for a situation except apparently he did not get the memo that I am not the one.
I am sure he will return here and have something to say about my 4 children but I can guarantee you that none of none were "accidents" nor was I ever a prostitute at any time in my life.
I am just glad that from his "lady" he got K-I-D instead of H-I-V.

SHALENA

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009

a.Whats wrong with 24 hour electricity(as much as you pay for it)?
b. Whats wrong with potable water?
c. Whats wrong with a reliably productive education system?
d. Whats wrong with a competitively functional:
1. transportation system?
2. civil service system?
3. national police brigade?
e. Whats wrong with an infant/maternal mortality rate that rivals what they have in Canada?

These things benefit them more than they do me. For every dude who comes to live carefree like Magnum PI there are thousands of people who deserve something better.

Last edited:

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
Where can I get a good hamburger in Santo Domingo,Santiago and around Puerta Plata so far I think I gotten horse and something else, tried giving it to a dog it wouldn't eat it.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Where can I get a good hamburger in Santo Domingo,Santiago and around Puerta Plata so far I think I gotten horse and something else, tried giving it to a dog it wouldn't eat it.

Not bad at Pala Pizza across from the Nepolitano hotel . Or the German Beer Garden same location

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009

Well you know, to get a good finished product you gotta start with good ingredients. So you need good beef, bread and cheese. Onions I think they have pretty well here.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
a.Whats wrong with 24 hour electricity(as much as you pay for it)?
b. Whats wrong with potable water?
c. Whats wrong with a reliably productive education system?
d. Whats wrong with a competitively functional:
1. transportation system?
2. civil service system?
3. national police brigade?
e. Whats wrong with an infant/maternal mortality rate that rivals what they have in Canada?

These things benefit them more than they do me. For every dude who comes to live carefree like Magnum PI there are thousands of people who deserve something better.

What's wrong with it is (for a lot of people who choose to emigrate to the D.R.) that if you have all this you have by definition a fully functioning, 1st World, OECD nation.

And that would be no absolutely no fun at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.