Mountain Bike Trails around Sosua/Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
Hey Guys,

i just rented the bike, i must admit, i did expect worse.

i remember seeing a homepage where some (three) mountain bike tours where listed and shown on a map, so i assume they have GPS data available.

any idea what page that was, or any idea where i can find GPS tracks for mountain bike tours. i spent 1hour with google and cant find it anymore (its not gpsies)

thanks,
chris

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Iguana Mama in Cabarete should be able to give you all the information for the trails in the area. If you want a decent ride that is not to technical but will test your endurance, try going up El Choco road to the end, takes me about 2 hours 15 minutes return. It's a good workout with lots of long steep hills. Have fun!!!

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
Iguana Mama in Cabarete should be able to give you all the information for the trails in the area. If you want a decent ride that is not to technical but will test your endurance, try going up El Choco road to the end, takes me about 2 hours 15 minutes return. It's a good workout with lots of long steep hills. Have fun!!!

is the el choco road the one to the monkey jungle? that's on my program for tomorrow, lets see how long it takes, i am a bit out of shape (which is a bit demotivating). but i love continuous slopes, especially up :)

will go to iguana mama again, i was just hoping i find some gps tracks for my garmin, makes live easier.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Yes, that is El Choco road. Bring lot's of water, it will be a long pedal if you are not in the best of shape. Bring at least 3 bottles and you can refill at the end of the road at the Sabanete side, little calmado on the corner.
is the el choco road the one to the monkey jungle? that's on my program for tomorrow, lets see how long it takes, i am a bit out of shape (which is a bit demotivating). but i love continuous slopes, especially up :)

will go to iguana mama again, i was just hoping i find some gps tracks for my garmin, makes live easier.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
This club, or another, appears to be doing well and is active. The Don Andres hotel is located at the corner of Martinez and David Stern.

Sos?a-News

I have seen this club ride the El Choco road with over 50 riders and several support cars. You can usually find someone riding on that road in the mornings. I also recommend that you "buddy up" for this ride. It's not an easy road.

Status
Not open for further replies.