I am looking for employment in the area of Samana..........................

helenandluis

Sep 11, 2011
Hi, I am an English female hoping to move permanently to the Samana area in the Spring of 2012. I have fallen in love with your country and would love the opportunity of working/living in Samana if possible??
I have been a British Police Officer for 15 years and gained all the obvious skills associated with the job. Before becoming a Police Officer, I also gained a lot of experience in the bar and restaurant trade and leisure/hotel industry. English is my first language, but I am also in the process of learning Spanish. I'm very hard-working and loyal, and open to new opportunities and learning new skills.
I'm not looking to earn a fortune - but obviously enough to support myself is essential.
Any suggestions or job offers greatly appreciated, many thanks :)

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
Hi, I am an English female hoping to move permanently to the Samana area in the Spring of 2012. I have fallen in love with your country and would love the opportunity of working/living in Samana if possible??
I have been a British Police Officer for 15 years and gained all the obvious skills associated with the job. Before becoming a Police Officer, I also gained a lot of experience in the bar and restaurant trade and leisure/hotel industry. English is my first language, but I am also in the process of learning Spanish. I'm very hard-working and loyal, and open to new opportunities and learning new skills.
I'm not looking to earn a fortune - but obviously enough to support myself is essential.
Any suggestions or job offers greatly appreciated, many thanks :)

Why don't you come over to Sosua? I'm sure you'll be better off here. Think about it, Sosua is close to, Cabarete Puerto Plata, and Santiago. There are my expas from all over the world. It is safer than most places and I'm sure you'll find a job here.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think your chances for good, gainful employment that pays well based upon your background and current language skills, will be very limited. Extremely limited in Samana. But I understand if you want to try and live the dream. Just make sure you do not cut the ties to home before you find out if you can survive here for 6 months.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Im sorry but most foreign women are not able to stay here long term making money in the formal economy.

The reality is that at some point in a time of desperation you will have to ask yourself how much your body is worth and whether crossing that line is worth your dignity. I wish you well but it would be best to start preparing yourself for that inevitable eventuality.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning Helen, Since you have been on the job for 15 years you must have a thick skin when you read some of the negative posts here but each in their way are trying to warn you that there are virtually no jobs for your skill set here that would pay a living wage. Barrick Gold in Cotui was looking for foreign security experts a while back. I strongly suggest that you do not burn your bridges behind you and try for a leave of absence rather than total separation.