Residency

Michigan123

Sep 13, 2011
I am from the USA and I know I need to provide a apostille document of my state criminal records. Do you know if the DR authorities will accept electronic records from an official state website? Or do they have to be directly from the policy department? I prefer to get them through the website but I don't want to do it if it won't be accepted. Thoughts? Or do you know where to go to ask directly?
Thanks

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

I'm not sure if they will except electronic documents. I do know that these documents need to be translated into Spanish and the apostille put on it. You could probably go to the legal blog and ask that question.

S

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
HI:

I must have had brain freeze. I was thinking you asked the question on a different forum. Are you having a lawyer handled your residency. It might help the process.

S

Jan 17, 2009
You just get your birth certificate and police records, and get the apostille in your state. This is an original document. You may be able to order it online, but they'll send it to you by mail. As to translating them, I doubt that your state officials will affix the apostille in a translated document. A lawyer can submit it here for an official translation.