Hotels for La Vega around Carnival

alaska1986

Hello my friend and I will be heading up to La Vega for the weekends during Carnival (I'm an early planner yes I know but I'm coming from alaska so its to be expected). I've been using google maps to get my bearings and wanted to know if there is a particular area we should look to stay in during Carnival and if so could you all provide some recommendations for hotels. I'm kind of a bang for the buck kinda guy..so if the features(maybe jacuzzi tub) meet the price I can range up to about $100 a night if needed (although I'd rather spend my money out at the party and events though).

Also I plan to have a car during my trip. Is it even worth it to drive to La Vega from Santo Domingo for the weekend or is it best to just catch the bus.

Thanks in advance

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you have a car, the trick would be to stay at one of the nice places in Santiago. La Vega is just 20 minutes down the road, on a good highway.
There is the former Courtyard on the outskirts; there is Gran Almirante and Hotel Jardines in town. Jacuzzis??? No but the first two have pools. Jardines in the least expensive of the three but has a good location for nighttime fun and games.

HB

N?tido

Jul 8, 2010
Alaska1986,
I agree with previous thread about lining up a hotel in Santiago being that it is only 20 mins away. Santiago will definitely have more options but do consider the convenience & safety of parking the car & forgetting about driving especially after a full day of partying & drinking; you should also look at it from a safety stand point .
With this in mind, there are some options in town worth considering:
You will need to google the phone #s on some of these.
Hotel Pegasus - La vega
Atlas Aparta Hotel - Autopista Duarte Km 1, La vega - (809) 573-3110
Hotel El Rey - Calle Restauracion (next to the Cam? river bridge) - La vega (I have stayed here, no frills but clean, recommend it)
Casa Jardin - La Vega
Aparta Hotel Los Pinos - La Vega - (809) 242-0061
Galaxy Aparta Hotel - (Drive up to your suite motel on the Duarte Highway, La Vega)
Hotel Pinar Dorado - hotelpinardorado.com - Calle el dorado, Jarabacoa - (809) 574-2820 (Mountain hotel)

Hope this helps.
Have fun in La Vega, I hope I can make it this year again; Carnaval in La Vega is always a blast.

Last edited:

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
On The Road To Jarabacoa Brisas De Los Alpes

About 15 minutes outside La Vega on the road to Jarabacoa is Brisas De Los Alpes. Brisa de los Alpes Mountain Resort In Domincan Republic It is quiet ( I don't know about around carnival) and has a nice pool. There is a restaurant and bar and all the units have fully equipped kitchens. The people that run it are very nice and they speak english. The units are big and they also rent villas for reasonable prices. It is on a hillside pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

alaska1986

Ok it looks like we will do La vega the first weekend (Feb 25- I dont get into Santo Domingo until Saturday afternoon and my friend has to be back to work Monday in Santo Domingo...so Santiago is a bit far)

Then the next weekend we will do Santiago (Mar 2-4)