guest friendly hotel in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaska1986

Hello i am staying in Puerto Plata for a few days in February. I am looking to plan ahead and get some suggestions on hotels. Last time I stayed in Hotel Sunshine and I believe it included breakfast and they didnt mind as long as you only brought one guest back. Is this still a reputable place. I enjoyed my stay there very much. I remember it was right on a main road..so not very accessible in terms of walking to anywhere.

If possible for around the same price range and class of hotel (meaning running water, clean shower, clean room breakfast on site etc) I'd like to get a hotel that has a better location but is also guest friendly.

My friends will likely be at work and not able to transport me around all day (or rather I dont want to be a bother all the time). So my options are a hotel with a better location (or renting a car which I'd prefer not to do in the DR).

Some of the places I remember going where to Pacos place by the Malecon. La bumba and the bullpen, not that those are anywhere near each other but it gives you an idea of the type of places we frequented I am looking to book ahead of time if that would secure me a better rate.

Thanks in advance

alaska1986

Ok well that answer 1/2 of my question. Anyone want to take a stab at a full response to my question. Suggestions on hotels that are still decent, as I came in 2009 Hotel Sunshine was a nice affordable hotel with breakfast. Anybody know of a hotel that is more centrally located (I'm guessing the Malecon is the desired location not sure) that is still a clean place to stay and can provide some entertainment within walking distance nearby while my friends are at work. Thanks again

Montago

Feb 15, 2011
Come on!

I am not trying to pick a fight but not everybody who is seeking a guest friendly hotel is looking to bring prostitutes back to their room. Maybe the guy has close friends living in the area who might want to share a nightcap etc. It's doesn't mean he is supporting ''HUMAN TRAFFICKING".

By the way mountainannie, your going to have a lot of cutting to do in sosua lol the street dogs in sosua will have a field day when you achieve mission accomplished :) it's going be called sausua with all of the sausage lying around.

Last edited by a moderator:

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
This post is totally uncalled for, offensive and the poster should be disciplined.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Normally, I would agree with you, and upon first reading the post, I thought the same thing. But on a second reading, I noted that the OP mentioned that he had friends in the area, so it could very well be that he wants a hotel where he can bring his friends to have a beer and chat. Many hotels, to prevent prostitution, do not allow guests in the rooms or charge extra for that.

Always better to ask for clarification rather than jump to conclusions.

And given that I don't know the Sosua area at all, I'm sorry I can't help the OP. I'd suggest TripAdvisor.com.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Mountain Annie... although I agree with you for the most part, I do feel you are going a bit strong on this one...

First of all the OP never mentioned he wanted to bring prostitutes to the hotel. As mentioned before, he might have meant friends, or he even might have meant a girl (not a prostitute) he met somewhere. This happens all over the world, and I see nothing wrong with that.

Then again, even if his intentions are to pick up a prostitute. It is not my cup of tea, but it is the oldest profession in the world. If the girl is of age and willing, I cannot really see the real issue here. You have to see it as a business transaction. Whether you like it or not, you will find it in any city all over the world. Whether you like it, or approve of it does not matter ( and for your info I do not like it ) as it will always exist.

Do I have an issue with guys who make use of their services? Not really... if they threat them right, pay them the agreed amount, it is theirs and the girls choice (if she is an adult and willing...). Not my cup of tea, but hey...

Therefore I suggest you use our machete more discriminately... those assholes coming here to take advantage of under age girls should have their things cut off, and preferably in public....

Unfortunately enough, in the DR mothers of 14 or 15 are considered as normal. In no way excusing the filthy bastards taking advantage of this, I think the only solution lies in the education of those girls. In other words, education!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.