Name this Beach

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Hello Northeast experts. Could someone please help me name the beach on this photo sheet? It is the beach located in the bottom left hand corner.

Is this Playa Moron?

Thanks!

photsheet.jpg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Where ever it is, the land is probably owned by Popy Berm?dez! He owns most of the North Coast, the undeveloped part...

HB

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
It is hard to say but it looks like it could possibly be Playa Coson shot from the new highway extension.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
It is hard to say but it looks like it could possibly be Playa Coson shot from the new highway extension.

Dont think its Coson as their are few hills right on the beach. looks more like Moron. I went there once. its near El limon down a bumpy road. Its a spectacular undeveloped beach.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Definitely Playa Coson

I have been to playa Moron and I don't think you are correct. From the vantage point that this photo was taken I believe that it is somewhere between Playa Bonita and Playa Jackson and it is very hilly and mountainous a very short distance from Coson. If you want proof send me a pm with your e-mail and I will send you some photos of Coson.

s

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
this link has satellite (google) and description of most of the samana beacheshttp://www.lasterrenasrental.com/best_beaches_dominican_republic/ from google earth it looks like either moron or one of the small playas between limon and el valle. seems it could be two different places to me, the one pic has a more closed, horseshoe looking beach and the other is more open (moron, i think)

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
It's not Coson

It's not Playa Coson, there is no construction visible in the photo and Coson is longer. It's a beach farther east of Las Terrenas.

Last edited: