Herman Strauss Park

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

As our loyal readers will remember, on November 9, 2009 the 'Herman Strauss park' was inaugurated in Mulata 2. The park was established in honour of Mr. Strauss who meant very much to Sos?a and still means. His Foundation Herman Strauss has done a lot of good work for the benefit of the community.

The management of the firm 'Tractor Del Norte" felt that Herman Strauss as an important and socially conscious citizen, should be honoured with a private park. The company Tractor Del Norte was allowed to turn the grounds surrounding the first house of the Jewish community, where the family Strauss lived after the war, into a natural park. At the opening of the park in November 2009 the bushes and trees were not much higher than knee high. Now 2 years later, what has become of the park? The shrubs and trees have now grown considerably. Some trees are probably already ten feet high! Everywhere there are plants in bloom. It is now starting to become a real mature park. A park that is worth a visit, especially since there are many native plants, shrubs and trees making the park very interesting if you like nature.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ken:
Can I assume that this is on the road towards Cabarete? On the left-hand side?

I would like to see it since many, many moons ago I had the privilege of meeting him and some of the other founders with David Kaufman a fellow PCV....

Thank you.

HB

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
HB,
the park is about 2-3 miles up the Mulata road, not on the main highway.

Bob K

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I had no idea it was there, is it before of after the thai restaurant, seems a funny place for a park i would have thought.

so what is the one at the entrance to la mulata called that was going to be a jogging track