Excellent Pizza

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
You can get an excellent pizza these day's at Calla Pizza located next to Carwash Max Wash in Sosua.

Authentic thin crusted pizza's with fresh tomato sauce and delicious toppings.

They also deliver at your 'door' : El Batey for free, Sea Horse Ranch 30 RDS$, Perla Marina Gate 40 RDS$ and El Choco Gate 50 RDS$.

Try them out!

Acira

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
We also like their pizza. They're happy to customize your pizza too! Make sure you tip well, one of the delivery boys is my future son-in-law!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
What I like about their pizza's is that they are not overtopped so that you still have the flavor of the excellent tomato sauce underneath and the taste of the delicious pizza dough. They are made like they make them in Italy and that's how they have to be. I will remember to tip well!

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
I got a pepperoni pizza there 2 weeks ago and it had 7 pieces of pepperoni and maybe 2 tablespoons of cheese. When I complained, the cook said that’s how they make them.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I hear you Bob but that's how you will be served a pizza in Italy also. For me these pizza's are worth their money. I too like the pizza's of Pizza Hut for example which are completely different.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
We have 9 pizza joints within one kilometer of pedro clisante. All are thin crust, which North American's don't like. The owners just don't get it. I drive to Playa Dorada for Pizza Hut pizza to get my fix.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
We have 9 pizza joints within one kilometer of pedro clisante. All are thin crust, which North American's don't like. The owners just don't get it. I drive to Playa Dorada for Pizza Hut pizza to get my fix.

And Europeans do like thin crust pizza's but I didn't know there was a Pizza Hut at Playa Dorada, gonna check that one out too ;)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

You are correct. They just don't get it. The pizza described by the OP is NOT what I would enjoy. Nothing like the good pizza I enjoy in the US. Of course, it is cheap to make with so few toppings. I will continue to make my own.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
You are correct. They just don't get it. The pizza described by the OP is NOT what I would enjoy. Nothing like the good pizza I enjoy in the US. Of course, it is cheap to make with so few toppings. I will continue to make my own.

If I remember correctly, Baileys in Sosua has pretty decent thick-crust pizza.

May 5, 2007

everybody has their "thing" when it comes to pizza. If I'm having pizza and salad for the main meal I prefer a thick crust for full hearty meal, if "snacking" with a few cold ones watching the game, a thin crispy crust is my preference

A strong tomato taste is mandatory for me (Along with some great anchovie and peckeroni), but if we get off subject of one place having a decent pizza and into individual preference, say good night Irene

May 5, 2007
Anchovies!!!!!!!

A man after my own heart

When I was a young Naval officer we would frequently order pizza when on leave in Europe, (Rota Spain was especialy noted for great Pizza, go figure as most pizza in Venice Italy was limp and puny, red suace is an almost unknown in Northen Italy.) Most of the time certain members of our group would be "not hungry" until pizza came and their appetites suddenly reappeared along with most of my pizza disappearing, solution: Learn to like anchovies, very few people will bother your pizza again, the "unique" flavor of them little fishes seeps into pie and is impossible to get out, either like anchovy or stay away from my pie! Pepperoni is my second, ham and pineapple third

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
everybody has their "thing" when it comes to pizza. If I'm having pizza and salad for the main meal I prefer a thick crust for full hearty meal, if "snacking" with a few cold ones watching the game, a thin crispy crust is my preference

A strong tomato taste is mandatory for me (Along with some great anchovie and peckeroni), but if we get off subject of one place having a decent pizza and into individual preference, say good night Irene
PIZZA UNO, ID!!!!! :cheeky:

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I sure do hope that they continue to make good business, as it is a simple and easy dish and the waiting time is not long...being a thin crusted pizza :) and you can get anchovies as extra topping HA!

TStroman3

Sep 11, 2011
Bring on the veggie toppings andImean loaditup

Bring on those veggie toppings! Load them up... you know whatI mean??!!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Speaking as an Italian from NY, thin crusted pizza, nice and crispy, is the best. Nice amount of cheese, and anchovies!! The very best pizza is made in very old coal-fired ovens that are grandfathered in [illegal to build a new one in NYC], I've heard most of them were originally German baker's ovens before the Italians arrived and started making pizza in them.

I've never had any pizza even remotely as good as New York or Italy. Closest was Vesuvio on the Malecon.

One of my brothers-in-law makes pizza at his restaurant, after watching how Dominicans make it, with what ingredients [the sauce is a joke - adding ketchup and celery????], I've never even bothered to taste it. Thankfully he makes great Dominican food :)

AE

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
As a "NA", I disagree 100%.

This is my fave, but so is Chicago stuffed pizza...
Pizza is like a fine woman, sometimes you like 'em thick ...sometimes thin and crispy!
I enjoy The original Patsy's on 117th as well a nice Sicilian slice from Pizza Park on 67th, depends on my mood.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Pizza is like a fine woman, sometimes you like 'em thick ...sometimes thin and crispy!
I enjoy The original Patsy's on 117th as well a nice Sicilian slice from Pizza Park on 67th, depends on my mood.

Tambo knows his stuff..... Patsy Lancieri opened the first Italian Pizzeria Restaurante in the US in 1933/4- Lombardi's was only pizza, and that's where Patsy worked before opening his place in Italian Harlem. Patsy was related to my father, last time I was there was around 10 years ago, I met Patsy's wife and daughter there for lunch - Greek brothers own it now, still good pizza. Patsy's nephew [Patsy trained him] owns Grimaldi's at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge in Bklyn, also very good pizza.

AE