Esso station in Cabarete

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Does anyone know if the Esso station is closed for re-branding or just closed? Maybe Tony the Tiger is renovating.

Aug 21, 2007
Don't know, but try not to go there, anyway. Several times have had the experience of asking for Regular and discovering while the pumping is going on, that they chose to give me Super. When I called them on it, they always excused the mistake, saying Super is better for you.

My experience? Ladrones!

Lindsey

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Don't know, but try not to go there, anyway. Several times have had the experience of asking for Regular and discovering while the pumping is going on, that they chose to give me Super. When I called them on it, they always excused the mistake, saying Super is better for you.

My experience? Ladrones!

Lindsey

I had the same experience, or they'd tell me that they don't have regular gas and only have premium. I never went there since.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Better yet. Have them fill a five gallon container for you and check the pump.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
think people stopped using it as they could only get from cabarete to sosua on what was supposed to be a full tank of petrol, the best one to use is the one past water park, but rather a long way to go for real fuel

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
BEWARE of Coastal. I went in last week with ? of a tank, filled up on diesel in a pick-up with a 17 gallon tank. The pump registered 16.2 gallon, but what got my attention was that the meter jumped 6 Pesos when he hung the nozzle back on the pump.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I stopped using Coastal in Sosua when their attendants allowed fricking motoconchos cut in front of me a couple of times. Always had good experience with Texaco, both in Cabarete and Sosua.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
It was just as much your fault for letting the moto cut you and letting the attendant serve him. In this country you always gotta stand up for yourself, or you could be there all day. Simply say, "Excuse me I was here first"

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
That is very true, but when I have a choice, I vote with my vallet and go to a business that doesn't force to me be a tiguere just to complete a trivial transaction. it's not like gas at Coastal is any better than at other places.

peterw

Mar 15, 2007
Hi , I am the owner of Coastal .
I apologize if you had a bad experience at the pump. I know it happens sometimes that motoconchos try tu cut in front . I tried many things to stop it , but is very hard . Once I tried to serve motoconchos in one specific pump and cars in the other pumps ... It got worse .... Motoconchos got upset, but also car drivers got upset because they could not go to that specific pump .... it is hard to please everybody sometimes. But I do my best .... .
Also any complains , you can come in and ask for Tony , who is the general manager and will be glad to listen to you. He speaks Spanish , English and German . If it is a bigger problem or you prefer to talk directly to me for any reason , please go to the office and just ask for me .
Regarding the person who says he had a problem with tank and amount of gallons .... Well I garantee that my pumps are the most correct ones of the whole northcoast ! And that we do full maintenance on the pumps seceral times per year ! Also the storage tanks get cleaned at least 2 times per year , to make sure you have good clean gasoline for your vehicles !
Regards to all !
Peter

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You, sir have just won over a new customer.

I will stop at your station from now on when I'm in the area

Good for you for speaking up

WW

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I apologize if you had a bad experience at the pump. I know it happens sometimes that motoconchos try tu cut in front . I tried many things to stop it , but is very hard . Once I tried to serve motoconchos in one specific pump and cars in the other pumps ... It got worse .... Motoconchos got upset, but also car drivers got upset because they could not go to that specific pump .... it is hard to please everybody sometimes. But I do my best

With all due respect, Peter, I disagree that you are doing your best if motoconchos are allowed by the pump attendant to cut in on cars that are waiting their turn. Yes, this happens, and not only at gas stations. Sometimes a Dominican will cut in ahead of waiting customers in the supermarket, etc.

As long as your employees, who know what is going on, continues to serve the motoconcho before the car they know is next then, in my opinion, you are not doing your best.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Well, i live very near to Coastal and use it all the time. Have not had anyone cutting in on me...if they try, i just edge forward until they get the message.
I find all the staff, both on the pumps and the inside the supermarket to be very friendly.
As a result i always buy my gas at Coastal.

Keep up the good work!

carib

Jul 16, 2002
Hi Peter,
So for the record, is regular gas in the DR leaded? Some say no, most stations say yes???? Is Premium un-leaded?
carib

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I apologize if you had a bad experience at the pump. I know it happens sometimes that motoconchos try tu cut in front . I tried many things to stop it , but is very hard . Once I tried to serve motoconchos in one specific pump and cars in the other pumps ... It got worse .... Motoconchos got upset, but also car drivers got upset because they could not go to that specific pump .... it is hard to please everybody sometimes. But I do my best .... .
Also any complains , you can come in and ask for Tony , who is the general manager and will be glad to listen to you. He speaks Spanish , English and German . If it is a bigger problem or you prefer to talk directly to me for any reason , please go to the office and just ask for me .
Regarding the person who says he had a problem with tank and amount of gallons .... Well I garantee that my pumps are the most correct ones of the whole northcoast ! And that we do full maintenance on the pumps seceral times per year ! Also the storage tanks get cleaned at least 2 times per year , to make sure you have good clean gasoline for your vehicles !
Regards to all !
Peter

If EVERY business owner responded so positively and openly I'm sure business would soar for them. Thanks, Peter, you are a GEM!