Transporte La Terrenas bus from SDQ to Las Terrenas

SnorkelManiacs

Nov 9, 2011
Hi Everyone:

Has anyone tried to get the 3:30 bus to Las Terrenas after arriving at the airport (SDQ) around 2:30 in the afternoon assuming the plane arrives on time? If we do catch the bus, does anyonne know how far it is from where the bus drops you off to the Residential Don Cesar in Las Terrenas?

Our second option is to rent a car for the drive. We are really hoping we can make the bus, but we are not sure. Does anyone know of car rental companies at the airport that allow a drop off in Las Terrenas? The internet does not show a drop off for Las Terrenas, just other airports.

Our main problem is that we cannot call long distance from here, we are renting a place and the phone is restricted to only local calls.

I hope someone can help, we are arriving on November 16th and getting a little worried!

Thanks,

Dick & CJ

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
As I stated in TA your flight needs to be on time and you'be got to sail through customs and immigrations and baggage. You can ask you Taxi to call for you leaving the airport to the bus company to let them know you are on the way. They need to save seats for you. You should go out and buy a phone card at a 7-11 type store to call and get set up. If you call a few of the rental companies at SDQ (not the 800 numbers) they may pick the car up for you in LT. Dollar does that for me in STI. Otherwise the Caribe tours to Sanchez is your other option.
You get dropped off in LT at the town center, from there it is easy to get anywhere, taxis and motos abound.