Swiss Man Found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Before blaming Sosua, it might be best to wait for the rest of the story. It usually turns out that violence against expats is not a random act.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Does anyone ever blame Sosua? It is not the most peaceful small town in the country by any stretch is it. A shame as I'd like to like it but the goings on make it impossible. What is the population?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Does anyone ever blame Sosua? It is not the most peaceful small town in the country by any stretch is it. A shame as I'd like to like it but the goings on make it impossible. What is the population?
It's not Sosua's fault if the trash from other cities (The last ones from Santiago) come here to rob and kill people.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It's not Sosua's fault if the trash from other cities (The last ones from Santiago) come here to rob and kill people.
Echoing what I said Eddy 'Does anyone ever blame Sosua', you can't blame concrete structure, but the people who are attracted there??????????????? Even residents must wonder what the hell is going on and be disheartened, you can't hide from it. I've said I would like to like it and I did, years ago but it has changed enough for me to not even want to return for a brief visit. For what it has to offer, it is not worth the effort, and I think that is the issue now for Sosua, people can go elsewhere without this concern, so why bother.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Yes, these three and 26 others that I have bookmarked. :classic:

donP

And you know why this is not a News in these newspapers? Because they already know that those are crimes, where in 90% of the cases these expats are involved in "negocios del bajo mundo"
Expats or tourists that are not into lowlife. dont need to worry about. Sosua and others Dominican town are still the safest places to live in the Caribbean.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
What, are you saying the newspapers don't like to or bother reporting on news such as underworld goings on, or are foreigner sensitive where crime is involved?
I'm not saying you are wrong, I am asking a legit question to learn why. Newspapers usually go for whatever will get the best shock value, to bring in readers, expats and gangland killings are pretty big reading to more than just the local community so I don't understand. If they were random acts they would be in the more widely spread press?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Certain News

And you know why this is not a News in these newspapers?
Certain papers will not carry certain news, as we know that the press is not independent.
Not in this country, nor in other countries.
Often one has to resort to smaller online papers and even blogs to get "unpopular" news.

Because they already know that those are crimes, where in 90% of the cases these expats are involved in "negocios del bajo mundo" .
They simply do not know anything about this case yet.
It's natural that the local papers report local incidents first.
Just wait for the others to wake up...

Sosua and others Dominican town are still the safest places to live in the Caribbean.
And you live where? :tired:

donP

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
What, are you saying the newspapers don't like to or bother reporting on news such as underworld goings on, or are foreigner sensitive where crime is involved?
I'm not saying you are wrong, I am asking a legit question to learn why. Newspapers usually go for whatever will get the best shock value, to bring in readers, expats and gangland killings are pretty big reading to more than just the local community so I don't understand. If they were random acts they would be in the more widely spread press?

Sometimes the story behind these crimes is very dark. and these are newspaper for the family.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004

I was in another part of the R.D. when we have been robbed at gun point at our place at 4:30 in the afternoon. All I heard from allllllll the people was : those (4) tigueres no son de aqui vienen de otra parte del pais. Seems North goes to South, East to West and so on and so on. The fact is we have been robbed at gun point by 4 dominicans

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
That also I have to agree.

trash comes from everywhere, not only Europe.

Sorry, but you disappointed me here, Eddy. 2 days ago I saw 4 americans getting into a fist fight in Playero. I doubt it was over a loaf of bread.

A lot of the gringos over here are not the most desirable characters. Certainly not the ones you would want to have over for a bbq.

I have met a lot of despicable gringos over here... Americans, Europeans, etc...

Does this mean Sosua or Cabarete are unsafe places for normal gringos? In my opinion, no!

If you live a normal life here, you can be as safe as in any tourist town in the world. If you choose to experience the somewhat darker site of a tourist town, you will take a number of risks...

Status
Not open for further replies.