Recommendations for all-inclusive resorts in Boca Chica

dbogdan83

Jun 20, 2011
Hello all,

Can anyone recommend any nice all inclusive resorts in Boca Chica. I am looking to spend this weekend there and just relax on a nice beach.

kinggold

Nov 23, 2011
I was in Boca Chica about 3 weeks ago and was told that the Hamaca Hotel was very average. You may want to consider Juan Dolio as an alternative.

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
i have stayed at both the DonJuan in Boca Chica and the Coral Carib in Juan Dolio. I enjoyed both for their beaches, but you must understand they are not the Rock Resorts or Sandals type places. Very limited choices of included restaurants and activities such as sailing and jet skies do not exist on campus. Both places have some what funky food. Coral Carib's food is better, but again, you are paying $100 or less or two....(you get what you pay for). Juan Dolio is a nicer beach, (more on the open ocean, a few less vendors than BC), but lacks the "nightlife" of Boca Chica. I put nightlife in "quotes" because my idea of night life is not what most are looking for in a week's all-inclusive holiday.

really if you desire the truly all-inclusive experience, you will need to head further east to La Romana I believe. There has been talk for years of upgrading the all-inclusive experience close to the capitol and las America's airport, but currently 3 and 4 star choices are limited or none existent. That said, for me and my budget, these afore mentioned places are fine.

dbogdan83

Jun 20, 2011
i have stayed at both the DonJuan in Boca Chica and the Coral Carib in Juan Dolio. I enjoyed both for their beaches, but you must understand they are not the Rock Resorts or Sandals type places. Very limited choices of included restaurants and activities such as sailing and jet skies do not exist on campus. Both places have some what funky food. Coral Carib's food is better, but again, you are paying $100 or less or two....(you get what you pay for). Juan Dolio is a nicer beach, (more on the open ocean, a few less vendors than BC), but lacks the "nightlife" of Boca Chica. I put nightlife in "quotes" because my idea of night life is not what most are looking for in a week's all-inclusive holiday.

really if you desire the truly all-inclusive experience, you will need to head further east to La Romana I believe. There has been talk for years of upgrading the all-inclusive experience close to the capitol and las America's airport, but currently 3 and 4 star choices are limited or none existent. That said, for me and my budget, these afore mentioned places are fine.

I am leaving the DR on Sunday morning and flying out of SD so being as close as possible to the airport is a must.

Feb 7, 2007
When the highway to Bavaro is opened next year, it will take about 2 hours from Las Americas to Bavaro. AI around Boca Chica and Juan Dolio can start closing down ....

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
When the highway to Bavaro is opened next year, it will take about 2 hours from Las Americas to Bavaro. AI around Boca Chica and Juan Dolio can start closing down ....

Hey rubio! I was not aware of this project! What details have you on this? Is this a new and different highway that presently runs east from the airport to Higuey and then Bavaro?

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com

I saw the La Autopista del Coral from a plane yesterday and it doesnt look like it gonna be finished by next year.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006

that may be a good thing for the boca chica area. less working chicas and SD deportees disguised as vendors......

Feb 7, 2007
Is this correct? 2 hours?

Well, it will be 200 kms, so roughly yes, 2 hours. It takes 3 hours now, and the biggest time wasters are to cross Higuey, Romana and San Pedro (the two-lane overpass takes about the same time to travel as straight through San Pedro), plus a curvy stretch between Higuey and Romana. Once you take those factors away, it is doable in 2 hours, AFTER the highway is ONE SINGLE piece with no two-lane stretches in between.