Restaurant Colibri

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
New cook new concept. Had dinner there last evening with some friends. One had the chicken breast al la plancha, two had the camarones and I the chivo picante. All plates where delicious and the price was right. That chivo was even better than mine.;) Anyway kudos and much success.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I wonder why most places dont do any advertising, it seems one has to be inspector morse sometimes to find out what some places do

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I wonder why most places dont do any advertising, it seems one has to be inspector morse sometimes to find out what some places do

I guess they want to go slowly. Basically they were closing when we got there. The owner asked the chef if he could serve us and he agreed. The waiters and barmaid had already left. All I can say, based on last evening, is it will be a success. When you go, tell them you saw this on DR1 posted by Eddy. I promised them I would post. I'm sure JR will give us his opinion. :) :)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
maybe I should stay away ive closed a few places and dont think el choco will be far behind

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
tell him one slice of cucumber halved and six shavings of carrot does not constitute veg in my opinion

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
maybe I should stay away ive closed a few places and dont think el choco will be far behind

Certainly a place, El Choco, that should be closed as it is now.

Good luck to Colibri. I did try the so called Asian Buffet there once and found it very lacking.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
it next to germainia another restaurant that is worth a visit, dont be fooled by the front there is a nice outdoor seating area at the back

penboy

Sep 4, 2011
Are they still doing the Asian Buffet on Wednesdays?

Yes, had it 2 days ago and was not impressed. Most dishes were served cold (problem with buffet style) even though I was there at 7:00 as they were bringing the food out.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
I love DR chivo second to Jaimacan. Where is this place? POP? Sosua?

Sorry I didn't read the previous posts. However buffet style is not my choice for dinner but it'll do for lunch. What's the prices? Is it all U can eat?

Last edited:

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
Choco's if I remember the name correctly had very good chivo. So good I went her there times for it. My wife's goat is goog but her gravy is too thin and a bit salty. I digressed. Also they had a fish fillet with a sauce that interestingly good. The kids had spaghetti which was tasty and not spicy.

Anyway where is this restaurant in relation?

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
I wonder why most places dont do any advertising, it seems one has to be inspector morse sometimes to find out what some places do[/QUOTE

Most good places speak for themselves and ads are an added expense. Word of mouth goes farther and nobody is trying franchise.