what day is the 2012 parade going to be held on..Thank You

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Every year myself and a group of friends attempt to make the trip to DR for
the annual Carnival Parade. However, every year the date seems to change so
that it does not interfere with the parade in La vega. i just wanted to know
what day is the 2012 parade going to be held on..Thank You
This topic does indeed show up every year. For the past five years that I have kept track of the Carnaval in Santo Domingo it has always been the first Sunday in March.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
I might be wrong but I believe the last day of the carnaval in La Vega is Monday, Feb. 27 Independence Day. On the Sunday the 26th, you can still see all the diablos with masks on, but on Monday they will take them off. Check out the website. http://www.carnavalvegano.com/

brujita028

Feb 11, 2012
The National parade is gonna be held like always on the Malecon in santo Domingo, on the first sunday of march - it will never change (this year is march 4, 2012)

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
I used to love to go and take photos at the parade - it is nice to know that you travel specifically to see the parade. I hope you have a great trip to see the parade this year.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
While the Santo Domingo Parade is a nice thing to see you guys should definitely go to La Vega Carnaval...

nadavdo

Feb 24, 2012
do sombody have any information on the carnaval at santo domingo?? does it the same like la vega?
if there is not so muche information on this maybe this is not place for tourist?
nadav

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
do sombody have any information on the carnaval at santo domingo?? does it the same like la vega?
if there is not so muche information on this maybe this is not place for tourist?
nadav
Carnaval Santo Domingo is great for tourists. The Carnaval is well organized and most enjoyable. If safety is your concern don't worry the least bit. I have attended three Carnavals and have never witnessed any problems. Go and enjoy yourself the fist Sunday in March.

nadavdo

Feb 24, 2012
we are now in las terenas and find good way to go in this sunday 26.2.12 to la vega...
do sombody have an idea?
sombedy want to share a taxi or take a car
my local number is - 829-589-5192
and my emailis nadavdo82@gmail.com
please let me know soon
nadav

Ducadista

Nov 7, 2011
Valeu Cara!
There is no comparison to the carnival in La Vega, unless of course loud music, drunks and getting hit with a hard ballon is not your thing, then don't go. But if you decide to go, the place to be in La cueva de las Fieras, get there before 2pm pay for a VIP spot and enjoy the show.

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
I had heard there would be celebrations this Sunday as well in Santo Domingo. Does anyone know if that is true?

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
Went to La Vega for the Carnaval yesterday and it was beautiful and exciting. So much beautiful people everywhere. Everything is arranged and managed correctly. It was my first time and I am hoping to go again! OH and you guys do know the diablos hit you if you are walking on the street. I spent 80% of the time running for the sidewalk but I did get hit a couple of times, not that bad.. they use that ball hanging there...

www.carnavalvegano.do%20(95).jpg