werewolf - piantini area

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
for weeks now, there seems to be what sounds like a were-wolf in the piantini area.

at first, i thought it was only at night time, but now it seems to howl in the mornings as well.
it is loud and i think it is relatively distant, but sounds really sad.

today it is interrupting my football watching.
at the moment it is only italian football, so doesn't warrant my full attention.

i don't notice it on normal workdays with all the noise of the traffic, etc.
someone reckons it is a lift on one of the many construction sites.
i am convinced it is canine of nature.

anyone else on this board hear it, or is it just me?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
[video=youtube;FGSeR9aAUCA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGSeR9aAUCA[/video]

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
What exactly does a 'werewolf' sound like? It's like saying I'm hearing a sound that reminds me of a magic carpet. considering I've never flown one (as they don't exist), I'm saying nothing.

If it sounds like whirring sound, perhaps it's the sound of all the planta's operating this weekend as the electricity is out.
If it sounds like howling, it's probably a dog, there are hundreds of strays on the streets if you haven't noticed...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
yep definately a werewolf there are so many about at the moment, you can get a battery operated tennis racket to swat them

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
They only howl when there is a full moon. If that's the case, you need to get hold of some silver bullets, fast!

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Ok, listen to me very carefully...this is serious business. very, very serious business. Here's a little known fact that i'm going to share with you right now: Yes, there are werewolves on this island, and yes, it's a little known fact that the government does their best to cover up and suppress. They want to keep this information out of the media becuase, obviously, it can have grave, dire consequences on tourism. I've shot at many of werewolves on the North Coast and the Cibao Valley, usually for sport, but, sometimes to keep them at bay and keep the werewolf population from breeding out of control. Unfortunately, they're crafty creatures and fast, and often i've missed them even when i've had them clearly in my sight. Fortunately, i'm a lifetime card holding member of both the NRA and FDA, and this has allowed me special, uninterupted access to an assortment of anti-werewolf firearms and assualt weapons that the general public does'nt have access too.

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest conveniance if you should see a werewolf in person. Do not, i repeat, do not try to approach one of these creatures unarmed!! Also, prepare your house and doorways with garlic. lots of garlic. you can never be in possession of too much of whats fondly referred to as the "Stinky Rose." Secondly, make yourself a good wooden stake, about two feet long. Make it very sharp. be prepared to drive it into the heart of the werewolf if he or she appears unannounced at your door. Be especially weary if someone knocks on your door claiming to be Jehovah Witnesses or Mormons. This is a very common disguise. Werewolves often come knocking on your door on the Sabbath (early in the morning...at ungodly hours) and carry with them a Watchtower magazine. However, other times, they sport name tags on the front of their cheap sythetic white shirts. They dress horribly, and inisist on wearing impractical clothing--black polyester pants, fake leather black shoes, synthetic white shirts, clip-on ties, and name tags. They love name tags! They always wear their name tags on their front pockets and use names culled from the Bible. Be on your guard when you see this. Arm yourself! Arm yourself to the teeth if you see anyone approaching your door carrying either Watchtower magazines or name tags attached to cheap, ungodly synthetic or polyester clothing. This is a first sign that they are Werewolves. However, as i mentioned before, their crafty creatures, very crafty, so, sometimes, they will hang out in bars and nightclubs and appear warm and friendly. Don't let this fool you. This is ruse. Once they get behind closed doors, their canines grow into fangs and their nails protrude enormously. Oh yeah, they have big hair. Enormous hair. Towering hair. Gigantic hair. They use lots of hair spray.

When they approach you, they come at you at an angle. Be on your guard, they're very passive-aggressive, and they often take a low center of gravity stance before they attack. It's hard to ward them off when they have their nails out and the fangs at the ready. If you see them assume this position: low to the floor in a sort of crouching, kung-fu like stance--be ready for a full on frontal attack. Once they assume this position, it maybe too late to flee. In this case, draw our wooden stake, hold onto your wallet, car keys, cell phones, phone cards, scooter keys, hair spray, and remote control, and be ready to counter-attack. It's not going to get pretty from this point on, so you got to be ready to dig in, take control of the situation, and be prepared to use everything in your immediate vicinity to counter attack. At this point, you can either choose to be a victim or be the victor. It's your choice. Werwolves don't understand logic.

Sincerely, Frank

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Most likely scenario: some idiot pet owner left the dog locked up in the apartment while they went away for the weekend.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Fear not !!!!!

for weeks now, there seems to be what sounds like a were-wolf in the piantini area.

at first, i thought it was only at night time, but now it seems to howl in the mornings as well.
it is loud and i think it is relatively distant, but sounds really sad.

today it is interrupting my football watching.
at the moment it is only italian football, so doesn't warrant my full attention.

i don't notice it on normal workdays with all the noise of the traffic, etc.[
someone reckons it is a lift on one of the many construction sites.
i am convinced it is canine of nature.

anyone else on this board hear it, or is it just me?

Being a Lobo Feroz...... at times, I can assure you that there are no were-wolves in your area.
They are all back in Transylvania with the exception of a few in Oregon.
Drinking too much cheap Chianti while watching Napoli vs Palermo can cause hallucinations.

I think what you are hearing though is Fritz. He is a Bavarian who lives in the Piantini area. Around christmas time he gets homesick, so he yodels at all hours to remind him of his time on the Alm in Bavaria.

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
Last time I went to boca chica beach, there was a fat hairy Italian with back hair and a puta half his age having lunch at the restaurant. Closest I've come to a werewolf since.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Last time I went to boca chica beach, there was a fat hairy Italian with back hair and a puta half his age having lunch at the restaurant. Closest I've come to a werewolf since.

Darn. You beat me to the punch. I was thinking the same thing.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Isn't that a bit racist...how do you even know he was Italian, did you hear him speak Italian? Perhaps he was just a hairy man enjoying a meal with his novia.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I know what it is! Ive seen it! Its a "chupacabra".. Be very scared they eat humans..
Dominican "Big Foot"... Not to be confused with a "ChubaCOBRA"

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
Didn't see no werewolves but..
I guess someone picked it up :D
Soap.png
[/IMG]

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Interesting read, however, in my travels through the campos of the south I came across folklore and discussions of a beast that people called EL BACA. Here are some interesting links to what could be considered a werewolf in Dominican folklore, sorry these are in spanish but they do make for good reading, enjoy:

El demonio que arrastra cadenas. El Baca en la tradici?n dominicana ? Diario de una Antrop?loga

6 bestias m?ticas dominicanas y la cultura de

El Bac - Ecoguia Dominicana - Republica Dominicana