Staying in BOCA CHICA, any good GYMS there?

Al3x

Jan 5, 2012
I heard theres a gym called "Pitbull Gym". Does anyone know about it? Link to a website? where it is? Prices? Good or not, treadmills, etc...? any information would be great.

Also, Im staying in Hotel Zapata. Is Pitbull Gym close to Zapata? Are there any other gyms down there that you would recommend?

Thank you very much for you help! :classic:

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I've lived in the DR for 9 1/2 years. Before I moved here I used to got to Boca Chica on vacation. I would go to the Pit Bull gym on those trips. It's walking distance from the Zapata straight up the hill on Calle Proyecto on the second floor of a building on the left. They used to have a reasonable day rate.

Free weights and locally made weight machines; no treadmills when I last went there.

It's #29 on this map:
http://www.bocachicabeach.net/map.htm

pitbull_gym1.jpg

pitbull_gym2.jpg

Al3x

Jan 5, 2012
I would go to the Pit Bull gym on those trips. It's walking distance from the Zapata straight up the hill on Calle Proyecto on the second floor of a building on the left. They used to have a reasonable day rate.

Free weights and locally made weight machines; no treadmills when I last went there.

It's #29 on this map:
http://www.bocachicabeach.net/map.htm
Hey Celt,

Thank you so much for posting this information. Its been very useful in helping me plan out my vacation workout. That map will also come in very handy.
When was the last time that you were at Pitbull Gym? I hope theyve installed treadmills since then.

Hey irateskateboards...
I asked Roberto at Hotel Zapata abou the cost of that gym. He said he thought it was about $2 a day. Cant say for sure, but I guess I'll find out in several days.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If You Want A Really "HARD" Workout,...Get A "Personal Trainer"!

I Always did.
Any of the pretty young girls at the beach will be fine.
But be careful.
All Night Long,it's "PushUps,PushUps,PushUps"!!!!!
I used to stay at "Zapata's",they allow personal trainers in your room.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
theres another gym.take caracol north about 3 blocks north of the autopista to calle san rafael colon.make a right and go down about a quarter block.theres a new gym 30 pesos for the day or 400 pesos for the month.ask any motoconcho on the corner if u have a problem finding it.

Al3x

Jan 5, 2012
Do any of the other hotels around there let you use their gym for a fee? Like Don Juan, Or Hamaca, etc....

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I used to stay at the Zapata. I'd get up early to run the beach then I'd walk up the hill to the Pitbull to get some weight work.