An apartment in Gazcue Santo Domingo-Important Question!

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Yeah,but like it was stated here,that website is great but is aimed at foreigners,hence the prices for rent.The best thing to do,as stated here before,get on the ground and talk to a real estate lawyer with "runners"

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
How much is to rent an apartment in Gazcue, Santo Domingo?

All information is appreciated!

Between US$200 and US$4,000.

Good questions with details, budgets, expectations receive good answers ;)

The best deals you will not see online, that I can assure you.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I lived in Gazcue for a few years. Dig Gazcue. I paid 20k pesos for 3 bedrooms 2 baths although 3rd bedroom was small but was used as an office. After being in the apt for 3 years the rent had climbed to over 26k so I moved one floor up in same building and paid 20k pesos again. Ah the joy of doing business with a stupid dominican lawyer. . . .lol. . .

The apt had no planta or inverter and I never bothered with AC as I didn't own it. Electricity rarely went out and came back on quickly.

LivingHappy

Dec 13, 2011
Depending on what you are looking for as Robert says "Good questions with details, budgets, expectations receive good answers." In any case, I just found several 1 bedroom apartments in the range of $9,000 - $10,000DOP including electricity (no a/c). Apartments with plantas will start in the range of $600USD and climb from there. A more realistic on-line source for information is the Listin Diario in the clasificados section. I find super casas to be catered to a different market.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
I've tried listing many times but the search comes up empty,even when I don't click on the specifics

LivingHappy

Dec 13, 2011
I am not sure...
If you in the classified section, click on bienes racies. From there, Under tipos, select apartamentos. Under ciudad, select Santo Domingo. Under operacion, select, aquiler. You will have to hunt throughout all of the listings as, for me, the sector button is not functioning. If that still does not work, I would be happy to send you by PM any listings.

Dandman

May 17, 2004
If you are willing to walk 6 or more stories to your apartment, you can find them. Many buildings can't or wont repair or replace elevators.