Weddings in the Dominican Republic

B

Billyb

Hi, I need to know what documentation is needed, ie; passports, declarations, avidavits, and translations, etc. I will be staying at the Barcello Capella Beach Resort and we are leaving in May. I know we have lots of time but I want to get the documentation together so it's one less thing to worry about. I have seen conflicting reports as to what is required. Also, can we get two witnesses from the Dominican or do we have to bring two people from home(CANADA).Do we get all the documentatuion done here at home or what? Does anyone know where the D.R. consulate is in Ottawa? Or is there one near by say in Montreal or even Toronto?? Any information about the hotel, etc.. will be greatly appreciated, you can e-mail me directly or just post it here. I know these are quite a few questions but my head is just spinning right now Thanks Alot in advance, Bill Ottawa Canada

L

Lyse

The Consulate in Montreal is located on 1470 Peel Street, tel.: (514)284-5455

D

DR One

Your hotel will be able to help you with the wedding.You have chosen a lovely hotel for your wedding.

We prepared the following content on weddings for the DR Vacation Planner:

Most hotels and resorts in the Dominican Republic offer special wedding packages for the convenience of their guests. Getting married under one of these packages takes the planning of this major event out of the hands of the couple, leaving them to enjoy a honeymoon atmosphere before and after the ceremony. A couple needs to inform the resort at least one month in advance, with a minimum of 15 days notice, in order to reserve the judge. The resort wedding packages all provide flowers, a cake, a seaside wedding site, champagne, the judge, and other special touches to make it a memorable day. Professional services such as video recording, photography, and music are available at extra costs. The resort will inform guests of all the required documents they need to present in order to legally wed in the D.R. However, couples should note that they are expected to have a notarized letter from an attorney, legalized by the Dominican consulate in their country of origin, stating that each one is single and free to marry; a divorce decree if there has been a previous marriage; and passports for the couple and for any foreign witnesses. These documents must be translated into Spanish upon arrival in the D.R. Those contemplating marriage in this beautiful country may contact the resorts in the different areas and compare wedding packages.

I suggest you contact a_lopezdeharo@hotmail.com

He is a very helpful sales manager for Barcel? hotels and will be able to put you in contact with the right person to assist you in organizing your wedding at the Capella.

Our best wishes!