dominican to turks and caicos

dom

Jun 1, 2011
im planning to go over to the turks with my dominican girlfriend on a boattrip, does she need to get a visa ?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They have girls there already,it's not "BYOB"(Bring Your Own Babe)
My unsolicated advice,Don't Bother"!
It's not worth the time,trouble,or money!
I used to drag Oriental girls all over the orient with me.They don't even know where they are!
I took a Thai girl with me to Hong Kong for a week.When we got back she told her friends"I could have just gone to "China Town",(In Bangkok)
I soon found taking a girl to a foreign country,can be like taking a sandwich to a banquet!
Trust me!!
CC

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I was just there (Provodenciales) in October. i too, went there by boat from Samana (42 foot sailboat). I would take CrissColon's advice...it's not worth the money, the headache, the bureacracy, or the pain you'll probably need to go through in order to get a Visa for a Dominican. But, man, if you do get it for her and go...the water there was absolutely stunningly beautiful and crystal clear! I had the best conch salad i've ever had there.

frank

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have a "Gringo" friend,"Howard Beach,NY",a 65 year old fart like me,who brought a girl from "Rio" to the DR.to "Show-Her-Off"
"WHY"????
Talk about a "Sandwich to a Banquit"!!!!!
She was "Drop Dead Georgeous",but I can get you "DDG" on the "Malecon" any night of the week!
No airfair,Food,or clothes,just 1,000 pesos!
Tell your "Dominicana" to just start swimming,you can "MEAT" her there,Or Not"!!!!
CC

dom

Jun 1, 2011
frank how long did it take you to get there?

im calculating 4-5 hours doing 20 knots per hour with a 19ft bayliner.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
It took us two days, mostly motoring at 6 knots. We were on a sailboat, puttering along. it was beautiful, and i had the pleasure of vomiting up everything--including my small intestines--the whole way there. i never vomited so much in my life, and the waves were only like 5ft. nevertheless, when we finally got there, i said..."Note to self: Never, ever, get back on another ****ing sailboat for as long as you live!"

Three days later i got back on the sailboat, because, yes, i am a ****ing idiot!! and it took us 6 more days to get to South Carolina where, i vomited up my large intestines. I no longer have a stomach, nor intestines, and i lost 15lbs in 7 days. i was dehydrated and my urine turned brown...like chocolate. We lost our engine along the way and encountered 8 foot waves. we were on auxillary power for 4 days and nights and almost got ran over by an aircraft carrier at 3am in the morning. We had to get on the VHF in order to not get run over like an ant.

When we got into South Carolina, we tied up directly next to the world's largest single mast sailboat: Mirabella V - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Our 42' sailboat was not even big enough to be a lifeboat for the Mirabella V. I'm not kidding. The Mirabella V is so huge it could be a cruise ship! i have pictures of the whole trip...including buckets of vomit and my small intestines that i carried around with me. I also have pictures of the fresh fish that we caught along the way--Maui-Maui and Wahoo. but honestly, our sailboat looked like an ant standing next to a giant when we pulled into the City Marina--with no motor--and docked next to the Mirabella V.

"Note to self"...go on a sailing trip next time I need to lose 25lbs.

Frank

May 29, 2006
It's pretty sparse there outside of the AIs. I spent about 5 months on South Caicos. Fantastic snorkling, but not much else there other than a bunch of fishermen gambling with dominoes and getting drunk. It's a barren place too. Temps over 100 most days and not much in the way of trees. Lobster and conch are cheap.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you can't help but laugh.... unles you're the organ donor.

Very funny.... remember, NEVER do it again.

What in the world enticed to you take that jaunt... were there women involved? Or men as the case may be!

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Here's my diary from that sailing trip.

We just made it into Charleston, South Carolina. let me tell you a little bit about the trip from hell.

1.) the first two days of travel i vomited up all my small intestines. I lost 10lbs the first four days into the trip. that's not a joke.

2.) after stopping in Turks & Caicos islands and spending 3 days there because there wasn't enough wind to carry on, i realized i was traveling with Captian Dude Lebowski. The "Dude" is very intelligent, cool, generous, lives in Samana, and is known lovingly as "The Dude, his "Dudeness", the "Duder," etc--graduated from MIT. He's unbeatable in Trivial Pursuit! more on that later; he deserves a whole chapter.

3.) After spending $7 for coffees and $12 for small sandwiches in Turks & Caicos, i was broke and ready to move on. we then spent 6 days at sea where, after three days, in the middle of no where, the engine on the boat stopped working completely and started hissing and making a lot of bad, horrible screeching noises. It was possessed, and Grimlins came running out screaming for more fuel!

4.) After the third day at sea we got hit by a storm straight out of the Old Testament that would have made Noah and his Ark proud; i sincerely thought that i was in a really bad dream: the waves came at us at between 6ft to 8ft and threw us around like a cork in a bathtub. i tried to vomit but i had nothing left. that's when my intestines came out; they were hanging out of my mouth and dragging on the ground, and were being stepped on. the waves were relentless and pounded for three days straight. i lost another 5lbs, for a grand total of 15lbs of weight loss. i'm not kidding.

5.) just when things couldn't get worse, the toilets backed up and were unusable; i had to tie myself in with a harness and then try and **** off the back of the boat while the ocean gave me an enema; the two windows above me started leaking around the rubber seals and then started dripping on me throughout the night so that in the mornings i had a half inch of salt caked around my eyes and mouth. i couldn't open my eyes until Tom ran warm water over them and then scraped the sea salt away from them. we used it for cooking fish later. i was dehydrated and my urine turned the color golden brown.

6.) because we had no engine, when we arrived this morning, we had to tack back and and forth for 12 hours in order to get into the river channel that comes up to Charleston, South Carolina. i was ready to jump overboard after eight hours but the captain--His "Dudeness"--kept on insisting that we only needed two more tacks to make it in. Wrong! it took literally 12 hours just to make 12 nautical miles! That's not even a slight exaggeration.

7.) after 6 days at sea, when i stepped off the boat i couldn't walk because the sidewalk was moving, and it kept moving for an additional 8 hours and hasn't stopped moving yet.

NOTE TO SELF: NEVER, EVER, PURCHASE A SAILBOAT!

...unless you want to lose weight!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I can't see for the tears.

You needed Jack Lalaine in that harbor ,, at 90+ yrs old he swam a boat cross he NY harbor by dragging the painter in his teeth.

I suppose , given your weakened state , you weren't up to that....so what?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have friend who flew down here - in his own piece os crap plane. Some quasi-antique thing that costs more in a year than its worth.

he had a similar "Sir Dudeness" with him on the journey who insisted on sightseeing the other islands on the way to RD. .... ignoring the poorly thought out flight plan.

Imagine flying from Boston to RD using the I-95 as your guide until you had to turn out over some H2O.... true
story.
Fromthere , they hve some Nat'l Geographic thing showing the strings of islnds to ind their way here

At leats in a boat, when out of gas you have paddle. Not so for Professor Fate - the Magificent.

They somehow glided in to the airport here,,, tottally gassed out

You have made my night.... I'm alone ... my wife's away, my girlfriend's sick, its the maids day off, and the dogs are sleeping.
What else am i going to do?

Oct 11, 2010
frank how long did it take you to get there?

im calculating 4-5 hours doing 20 knots per hour with a 19ft bayliner.

dom

You're going from the DR to Turks & Caicos in a 19ft bayliner???

We make the trip from Puerto Plata to T&C in a little under 7 hours making just under 20 knots, but depends on the sea conditions, the same trip can easly take over 14 hours in rough seas, especially in a small boat.