Discounted Dental work by University Students doing Practicums

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
The students again are taking new clients for all types of work. The school is in Herrera/Jumbo Luperon area of SD.

Average pricepoints;

Diagnostics and cleaning is 250 dop

Fillings (back teeth) are 150dop, if (front teeth) 250dop each.

Extractions are between 350-500dop depending which tooth.

Periodontics starts at 350dop per each quadrant.

Endodontics- Root Canal- Anterior 600dop- Posterior(Molars) 800dop

Also UV Laser light Teeth whitening 2500dop special appointments only

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Why would you go to a dental student when good work by an experienced dentista is about one sixth of the cost back home?
To each his own.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Why would you go to a dental student when good work by an experienced dentista is about one sixth of the cost back home?
To each his own.

Maybe just in case you want to tell someone that can't afford regular prices ;)

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
What you are buying with a dentist is their time. To make money they need to be fast and or work long hours. With a dental school the students spend much more time doing a procedure and are closely supervised at every step. The result is that you get much higher quality work. A practicing dentist cannot afford to take the time to do the highest quality work he is capable of as he is making a living. Dental schools deliever much higher quality work than you will ever get in the average dentists office. Yes, they are slower but its well worth it. You agree HB?

May 29, 2006
How about a price list for typical procedures in a modern dental office in say SD or Santiago?

And Tambo is right on with it being about 1/6th what it is at least in the US mainland. If anything, it's often less for simple fillings and touch-ups.

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
How about a price list for typical procedures in a modern dental office in say SD or Santiago?

And Tambo is right on with it being about 1/6th what it is at least in the US mainland. If anything, it's often less for simple fillings and touch-ups.

You guys, am I missing something here.. these prices that are stated are in DOP! Did the OP made a mistake or did you guys just think he meant $ instead of DOP.

If these prices are DOP, how do you think it makes sense that in the USA it costs only 1/6th of the prices stated here in DOP?!

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
Take a valium.

Is that the best you can come up with!?!?

Keep it real and don't act like something you ain't.. once again, if I ask what is back home then what type of sense does it make to answer "yes".

:confused:

Or am I again missing something..

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
its DOP

The prices are in DOP Pesos. This as mentioned is a good deal because its at the University and the most students pay extra attention and care. Good deal or not, the critics on this forum will always surface with their concerns. It is what it is, and not everyone in the DR has insurance coverage, so for them its an opportunity if the need arises. If interested send me a PM and i will piut you intouch. I have no ineterest in this other than helping those in need as well mi novia, who is one of the dental students.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
@ Expat13 - Thanks for posting!
@ 305 - Perhaps a Valium enema will help, Dicepin in RD Rx!

Standard filling ~ $US 250
Porcelain crown ~ $US 1500
Deep cleaning ~ $US 150

Yes those student prices are VERY cheap, as long as they wear rubber gloves , masks, and are properly supervised by a schooled Dentist.