Dual nationality for child?

Driftwood

Feb 7, 2012
This would be to have a child that has been born in the Dominican Republic to a Dominican mother and British father recognized as having dual Nationality, British/Dominican.

The Embassy in SD would have you believe it is RD5,000 for the translation, if this is the price then this is the price, but I know never to take anything as gospel and question all, even from the likes of the Embassy.

Also as far as to where to send certificates with the adults passport is now confusing. The British Embassy in the UK say to Kingston, Jamaica, and the Embassy in SD Washington, USA. It can't be both, so where is it?

If anyone has recently been through this process and has up to date info on any of this I would appreciate your input, any info at all is good info.

Many thanks.

Driftwood

Feb 7, 2012
http://ukindominicanrepublic.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-dominican-republic/how-to-register-birth[/URL][/QUOTE]

Thankyou chirimoya, had I not already had an idea of the procedure I would have considered that pretty straight forward, unless I'm getting this wrong it says this can be done by the father in the UK if he has the Dominican registered certificate, yes?
So if the mother and child were in DR and the father in UK, as long as the child was registered in the DR with the UK father named, then as long as he could get hold of the certificates he could complete the UK registration himself in the UK?
Sorry, maybe I'm tired or maybe I've read so much I am confusing myself.

Driftwood

Feb 7, 2012
Todays finds,
If the father is in the UK, and the child is in the DR, he 'can not' process the application. No applications can be processed in the UK unless the applicant is in the UK. Is a bit of a rock and a hard place as you would need the passport to get the child to the UK, or, have previously applied (paid) for a visa entry for the child and then processed the passport while the child was in the UK on a Visa. (A bit of a silly situation, but basically saying deal with it from abroad).
So, as of 2006 the British Embassy in Santo Domingo does not deal with any Visa or Passport applications. Applications go to Washington and the processing time for a first time passport is 6 weeks, (renewal is 4 weeks).
The passport applications are processed in Washington but are printed in the UK and dispatched to the applicants directly from the UK. Total postage coasts are 33US. Within the next few years all foreign applications will be processed and printed in the UK which will reduce costs considerably, and I expect make life a lot easier than dealing through the US.
The process is a bit of a run around, considering what is needed, as the website is very much user unfriendly and they charge 77p per minute to call the Embassy to discuss these things with someone. But since when was anything easy that was related to DR.

So, next question, can anyone recommend an approved/recognized solicitor who will (officially) translate birth certificates for a reasonable fee? I've seen alsorts of prices bounced about. Has anyone had a Birth certificate translated recently?

Morkel

May 22, 2013
I think you find any solicitor in your area that will help you in translation of all the documents and also give you the better advice according to state laws.Because he know that how to deal with this case and also recommend you a lawyer if needed.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
He spammer?
I no think.
He need good solicitor to be help him to find answers to he question.
I think he soon post website to help we find good solicitor.
What spam, not for make sandwich???
"Wud" soon send him vacation!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC