New service for remittances Todays DR1

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This should be the best way to send money to the DR from the US. Wells Fargo direct to Banreservas in 10 minutes for $6 up to $1,000 US.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Good point, I noticed Xoom does the same thing using a low transfer fee as the calling card but beats you on the exchange rate.

I take back my original post. Just another beat job when they get done with the exchange rate.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
The best transfer I've found is using a US transfer agent that uses Caribe Express in the DR. Send the money in dollars. In DR pickup is done just showing Cedula. Very reasonable and can change right in Caribe Express office or where you like.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I?ve got the other side of the problem. My bank account is there in the USA. I have monthly payments to make there. Xoom won't send money from US bank to US addresses. My bank doesn't do eChecks.
Der Fish

Why not just open an account in a bank that does e-payments (i.e. Chase, Bank of America, etc)...

Xoom uses Caribe Express. I use Xoom and always send it to be delievered in USD that way the recipient can find the best rate at the moment. If you have it paid out in Pesos they will skim at least a peso per dollar sent.

I wouldn't trust Banreservas with remittances or any of my money for that matter. It's a government owned bank - In other words no accountability - and I've known a couple of people who have gotten their accounts cleaned out over there and were jsut given the runaround when they tried to get their money back.